Custom Lifted 5th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
^^^ X2^^^

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road package

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
When you said drool, you meant SPIT on it, right? Stupid people doing stupid things to ugly trucks just to be "liked" by strangers. Good luck with the paint job if you leave the rediculous wheels on. M O O ONLY.
Found this on instagram this morning, figured I’d send it over for y’all to drool on

View attachment 137955

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I come from the car world. That truck in the car world would be this:
:D
maxresdefault.jpg
If you pull the big red ring in the rear, do the wheels get sucked back into place?

What is the purpose of this, really? I honestly want to know how this makes the car "better than before". Not a hater and to each his own, but I am a car/truck guy for 45 yrs and I never could figure this out. Full disclosure, I didn't try to really. I just gotta know, maybe I'll like it if it makes sense. Ed.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
For me I don't understand the small sidewall with the tires hanging out 6" past the edges of the fenders. Starting to see that a lot more. I must be getting old.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
If you pull the big red ring in the rear, do the wheels get sucked back into place?

What is the purpose of this, really? I honestly want to know how this makes the car "better than before". Not a hater and to each his own, but I am a car/truck guy for 45 yrs and I never could figure this out. Full disclosure, I didn't try to really. I just gotta know, maybe I'll like it if it makes sense. Ed.

Apparently some people think it looks good. No function. Just "form".

The ring is a tow hook. For that race car look, but obviously that car will never see the track in its life.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Because I've been around engineers, car builders, racers and even built 4 sbc motors and the cars/trucks they went into myself. I'm technical by nature. I look at this setup and cringe. It's not safe, the handling and steering geometry is all jacked up now and you cant see whats in front of you on some of the more extreme ones. And yet they drjve them on public roads. Stupid. Don't mean to offend anyone. This is my opinion only, based on a lifetime of learning what makes vehicles better. This ain't it. My old man told me to help educate ignorant people and stay away from stupid people. Sorry but the older you get, the less patience you have for nonsense. LOL, Salty. Never been asked that before. I'm on numerous meds right now that keep me up for 2 days at a time, so if yhat one of my 3 or 5 am rants, please take with a grain of "salt". :)

OP
OP
Shawn226

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Because I've been around engineers, car builders, racers and even built 4 sbc motors and the cars/trucks they went into myself. I'm technical by nature. I look at this setup and cringe. It's not safe, the handling and steering geometry is all jacked up now and you cant see whats in front of you on some of the more extreme ones. And yet they drjve them on public roads. Stupid. Don't mean to offend anyone. This is my opinion only, based on a lifetime of learning what makes vehicles better. This ain't it. My old man told me to help educate ignorant people and stay away from stupid people. Sorry but the older you get, the less patience you have for nonsense. LOL, Salty. Never been asked that before. I'm on numerous meds right now that keep me up for 2 days at a time, so if yhat one of my 3 or 5 am rants, please take with a grain of "salt". :)
Hahaha I’m just yankin your chain. I do think that setup is super exaggerated and unnecessary. I do like modest lifts but I for the first time plan to not go any higher on my new truck from the level it has on it. I shoulda bought a cummins though for the diesel power i truly fantasize about. I’ll end up settling for a mild tune and delete pipe and call it done