Custom Tunes for my stock truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently picked up a used Diablo Trinity 1000, for my stock 2012 Ram Longhorn. It is stock, except for a 4" lift and 34" tires. Also have a pedal commander. I have not tried to install the tuner yet. I have seen that there are custom tunes available for these, such as Hemifever, Jay Greene, and prob others. My question is- Are the custom tunes for a stock truck like mine, or just stick with the canned tunes? I don't think I am ready for any mods in the near future.

I am new to Ram trucks and tuners.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I recently picked up a used Diablo Trinity 1000, for my stock 2012 Ram Longhorn. It is stock, except for a 4" lift and 34" tires. Also have a pedal commander. I have not tried to install the tuner yet. I have seen that there are custom tunes available for these, such as Hemifever, Jay Greene, and prob others. My question is- Are the custom tunes for a stock truck like mine, or just stick with the canned tunes? I don't think I am ready for any mods in the near future.

What part of Canada are you in,there's a pretty decent Hemi tuner in Edmonton,and he covers a lot of Alberta and Sask,but he tunes via HP. Even a stock truck will benefit from a custom tune,the canned tunes are better then nothing,but there is a noticeable difference with a tune custom tailored to your truck

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Make sure you tell your tuner that you have a PC installed in you get a custom tune.
Jay

wespentecost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I have a custom tune from Sean with hemifevertuning.com. I have been very happy with the tune. Truck runs way better and smoother than the tunes that came with my I3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Personally, I think canned tunes are like turning on tow/haul on a complete stock truck. Custom tuning will make it feel like a whole different vehicle.

With just my tune, I was able to give a buddy a good run for his money in his TRD supercharged tundra.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Hemifever tunes work really well and Sean is great to work with. I've had his custom tunes on the last 3 4th gen trucks and I've been completely satisfied. In addition to his engine tune I also have the trans tune and it makes a world of difference. There are a lot of tuners out there to choose from, however I think he did the best job and was the easiest to work with and he always answered all my dumb questions.
Jay

OP
OP
C

Chadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the info guys. That answers my question. I better install this first to make sure it works, then I will be in contact with a tuner.
Am I correct that a 2012 does not need the Pcm unlocked? Newer ones you do?

wespentecost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The Hemifever tunes work really well and Sean is great to work with. I've had his custom tunes on the last 3 4th gen trucks and I've been completely satisfied. In addition to his engine tune I also have the trans tune and it makes a world of difference. There are a lot of tuners out there to choose from, however I think he did the best job and was the easiest to work with and he always answered all my dumb questions.
Jay
Agree 110%!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nova John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a superchips flashpak canned tune set at 87 tune. With k&n drop in a flowmaster hd 50 with single exhaust and 392 gears, 17 inch tires it runs 14.01@ 9. mph in quarter mile. rcsb worker great in my truck

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO the difference in a canned tune and a custom tune is like night and day. When you find a good tuner, have them do a custom tune especially for your truck and your mod's. You'll be pleasantly surprised!!
Jay