Dash leather lifting on garaged 2019 Longhorn Leramie 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stratosfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So my 2019 Ram Longhorn Laramie 2500 pickup with 45,000 miles is having issues with the dash leather cover. I typically only use this truck to pull my fifth wheel trailer so it rarely sees the light of day as it is garaged, 90% of the time! The driver side – leather top is lifting off the dash as if the glue is failing to hold it down. I contacted my local dealership and I was told that it is past its warranty! This is my fifth Ram pickup and I have never had a single issue over those 20 years of ownership and over 1,000,000 miles of driving! I just find it totally unacceptable that they will not honor a repair, such as this when it’s obviously a failure of craftsmanship on their part! Anybody have any suggestions??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 26

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You may try contacting @RamCares , they have taken care of similar issues occasionally. Be very nice remember you get more flies with honey than vinegar, whatever that means .

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Be very nice remember you get more flies with honey than vinegar, whatever that means .
Be sweet, not sour.

You’re welcome.

Yankee1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The leather is lifting on my 87K 2500 TD. So I've tried several times to contact RAMCARES...I have had no response. I'm not real sure they really care. Can't find any fixes out there either. Dealer says too bad. I have 32K on the truck and it's well maintained. It's a shame they made a mistake with the glue they used and all of us with this problem get to look at it. I was told to take it to a shop that does leather repair on Lambo's, Ferrari cars. I live in the Smoky Mtns of Western NC! Not many even know what one is never mind a shop that works on them.
Now what...

captainmerl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2020 ram 3500 Laramie longhorn and the dash started separating about a year ago and RAM will not warranty it and wants 2k to replace it. I feel its a problem on their end. HELP

Yankee1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I would toss this out to those with the pealing/lifting dash problem. I have done lots of searching on the subject. It's not anything more than a glue issue. Getting sun on the dash or living in a garage it's a wide spread issue as we are all learning and sending email as suggested does not seem to work. I called them directly @ 866-932-3878. I talked with a very pleasant girl and answered several questions, gave my phone #'s and got a case #. She said someone would be contacting me in a week or so.
She did ask if I frequent the dealership for service, which I do. Also asked when was the last time It was at the dealer for service and how many miles does it have.
Fingers crossed the will do something.
Good luck! Be nice...

Yankee1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK!!!! Update...
So no more than 4 days after I called RAM CARES they emailed me. I was given a case # and told to make an appointment at my dealer to have them verify the problem with the dash and that was indeed a leather separation issue and not a damage issue. Then I was assigned to a real person to deal with. This all took place while I was traveling in the Boston area. In the time it took to return home in NC, and before I could call them, they called me! Amazing so fare right? I'll be making the appointment at my dealer today and getting back to RAM CARES today with the appointment date. The dealer will take photos of the dash and submit them to Ram. Looking good so far.
The draw back...
The dealer showed me a small pile of work orders concerning this dash issue dating back to December of last year! No parts available. Due to Covid apparently the company that was making the dash parts went out of business. They are not sure when if at all the parts will be available any time soon.
I'll keep giving updates as I proceed...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds good, but keep on RamCares about it. Sometimes they drop the ball and you have to start over.

Yankee1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took the truck to the dealer yesterday. They took a 100 pictures. of the dash for RAM CARES. I'm hoping they don't drop the ball! This AM I got another call from RAM CARES. I was told that they would cover the repair at no cost to me! Great news! The next issue is that the parts are hard to come by as there is a shortage of parts and the manufacturer had gone under with Covid. I guess this will be the last update for a while. At least it's all going quite favorable so far.
All I can say is if you've been using the dealership for service and you are cordial to them you have got a chance to get the problem resolved.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Lastcall8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Yankee. How many miles does your truck have on it?

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the new trucks not getting leather dash anymore? This feels like a cop out. It’s been three and a half years, we’re still blaming Covid? That will work as long as we keep accepting that answer I guess.

Yankee1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer recently let me know that the dash has been ordered....and to be prepared to wait. No arrival time given. I also got a letter from RAM CARES saying they would cover the repair. We'll see, time will tell.
At the time I contacted RAM CARES the truck had 32,325 miles. It's been to New England on on trip and to Florida on another. 36K plus now. I think they mostly want to know if you are using the dealer for service. They asked several times if I was. No doubt low miles helps.

Last edited:

Yankee1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys!!! Here's another update on my dash....I got a call from the dealer yesterday about my dash! RamCares never did drop the ball and kept sending email periodically keeping me updated as to what the progress was in replacing my dash. The dash replacement has been delivered to the dealership and I now have an appointment to have it replaced on March 22.
And several of you had doubts! Use the dealership for service and be cordial. That's what I do. Good luck with your dash!

By the way I did the same with a R/R LED tail light assembly off warranty and they replaced that for me too off warranty!! BE NICE! Chrysler wants it's customers to be happy and buy again>

OP
OP
S

stratosfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So Ram cares contacted me back almost immediately when I dropped them a message at the end of last year. They had me bring it to my dealership for an estimate of repair. And they have agreed to pay 80% of the repair cost. Initially they agreed to only 70% but I balked a bit as I am a faithful five-time ram owner so they bumped it up to 80%. It’s obviously an ongoing problem with the 2019 2020 Rams with the leather dash so it should be a recall free of charge repair, but I am somewhat satisfied that at least 80% of it is getting covered by Chrysler.

Yankee1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my last post on my dash replacement...Ram Cares called 2 weeks ago to tell me my dash was to arrive shortly. The next day the dealer called and made an appointment to have the dash replaced today! The job got done for real. One day service with no problems. I'm quite happy with the job, it looks fantastic. Some thought it would not happen! Mileage could have something to do with it besides being cordial.