Dashboard Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamMan 1004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I have a 2020 fully loaded 1500 Limited which I am ashamed to state how much I paid for it. Now, I LOVE Rams as this is my 3rd one. This vehicle is garage kept, rubbed down with a diaper(lol) and only has 15k miles on it. Like others, my dash is buckling. I paid too much hmfor a vehicle le to have this type of issue. My understanding is it cost like 3k to replace and Dodge knows it has been an issue for a while. Can someone please lead me here as my warranty is expired and this has really soured me on the brand. Thanks, RamMan 1003

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you mean the material on top? Do you have a picture BTW? Out of curiousity, is there any warranty left?

You paid a lot but I bet she's a beauty!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RamMan 1004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Yes, the leather on top of the dashboard is separating. I don't have a picture of that yet but will get one. No warranty left unfortunately even though only 15k miles total. Here is another Pic though. I love this damn truck but come on Dodge, you knew there was an issue and have done nothing about it. Its ******* me off.1000000553.jpg

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didnt know 5th gen rams had dash issues thought dodge leart their lesson with 2nd-3rd gens lol luckily all the 4th gen ram dashes held up. I looked up some pics of people with the issue your talking about I wonder if you could re glue it somehow.

OP
OP
R

RamMan 1004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Probably could but it's really more.the point of them not fixing the issue they already knew about that burns me. Especially when you fork over a small fortune for these trucks.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably could but it's really more.the point of them not fixing the issue they already knew about that burns me. Especially when you fork over a small fortune for these trucks.
yea that sucks unfortunately all car companys are doing this at the moment. I work for a dealership diff brand and see the bs the company pulls every day.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP, you don't need to upload a pic for me. I looked it up on youtube. You're not alone. Happens on other vehicles too. If you could remove the dash it could be re-glued I suspect with some care. I bet there's a video on it. But make sure it's someone who knows what they're doing. Not a first-timer high-school kid.

Where's the wrinkle at? If it's up by the windshield, you could lift up the wrinkling area (dash pad on a bench), and probably shoot some 3M 90, super spray adhesive in there. Let the adhesive tach up a few minutes, heat the leather up a little with a hair drier or heat gun (on low), then stretch it (gently) with a wide pliers HERE ...while you push the leather back down and work out the wrinkles. The spray adhesive is strong...it's kind of a one-time deal, you may not be able to lift it back up, so you want to practice how you'll lay it down before actually doing it. To get it 'right' the first time. But it shouldn't come undone afterwards. (but other areas might).

The long-term solution might be to get a light-gray or tan dash pad (like thin carpet) so it doesn't build up too much heat. But then that defeats the purpose of having a nice dash pad cover in the first place....

OP
OP
R

RamMan 1004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Yeah, this should be something Dodge picks up as, again, truck garage kept so out of the sun and only has 15K miles. I barely drive the darn thing.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Yes, the leather on top of the dashboard is separating. I don't have a picture of that yet but will get one. No warranty left unfortunately even though only 15k miles total. Here is another Pic though. I love this damn truck but come on Dodge, you knew there was an issue and have done nothing about it. Its ******* me off.View attachment 542922
i have the exact same truck...except i made them change out the wheels because "her majesty" didn't like the black wheels....so, they gave me 22" off another Ram on the lot.

fortunately, i don't have that dash issue (crossing my fingers) altho i bought the extended warranty i'm not sure if that would be covered or not.

OP
OP
R

RamMan 1004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Okay, here is the latest update and I hope this helps someone else out there that might run into this issue. I spoke to Ram Care and they are going to 100% cover this under warranty even though my truck is out of warranty. Dodge knows about this issue and unless the truck is real old, they are replacing the dashboard as needed. That thing is about $3K from what I am told so.......THANK YOU DODGE FOR STEPPING UP AND DOING THE RIGHT THING!!! You have restored my faith in the brand. If you are experiencing a similar issue with your dash, please call 866-932-3878 and talk to a representative BEFORE you go to the dealership which is what I did. The dealership quickly told me it would not be coverd and that is patently FALSE.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow...kudos to Dodge for doing the 'right' thing. Glad it workked out for you. If the dealer will let you, and see if you can keep the old dash, and peel back the material and re-spray-glue it down. You might need it in 5 yrs.

Hey...RamCares...what about the exh manifolds (again) on my 2012? In geologic time it's less than a blink of an eye old! :D

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
If you live in Florida the sun is the enemy. I am in Nevada. The first thing I do is buy a dash cover to keep the sun off it. Tinted windows help, using a sun shade and parking in the shade.

You may be able to level out the buckled dash with some material like pieces of carpet and cover it with a quality dash cover.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, here is the latest update and I hope this helps someone else out there that might run into this issue. I spoke to Ram Care and they are going to 100% cover this under warranty even though my truck is out of warranty. Dodge knows about this issue and unless the truck is real old, they are replacing the dashboard as needed. That thing is about $3K from what I am told so.......THANK YOU DODGE FOR STEPPING UP AND DOING THE RIGHT THING!!! You have restored my faith in the brand. If you are experiencing a similar issue with your dash, please call 866-932-3878 and talk to a representative BEFORE you go to the dealership which is what I did. The dealership quickly told me it would not be coverd and that is patently FALSE.
Yeah, sure better than GM. My garage queen $90k '18 Caddy CT6 Platinum (the premium / most expensive sedan they made in '18) dash delaminated in 22, with only 21k on the clock, and GM refused to replace the dash pad. NEVER buying another GM.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It 'looks good' when new, but I doubt there's a *for-sure* way to keep the material from shrinking from the foam material. Esp leather. Best to stick with a molded-in one-piece dash with fake stitching. Or just ditch the stitching and put on some trim that won't come off. I think that was the whole point, was to show the contrasting stitching. Leather doesn't age well in the sun/UV. Gets dry, cracks. I thought the mfgrs learned that lesson decades ago...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad I got Bighorn low end no faux leather but I still got a dash cover on mine ne way. Cut out reflection/glare on windshield. Can’t see dang thing beteeen glare and night headlight reflections without dash cover