DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echo42987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That seems wayyyy too fancy. Probably only paying for the product not the way it sounds. I could see it sounding like ****!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finished the Dynaliner ccf on the passenger door. It's amazing, each time I add more sound deadening I can immediately hear the difference! Last thing I need to do is the headliner and maybe a little under the dash...

Also, swapped out my BMs for the Helix subs just for fun! I need a little spl in the cab to see if there are any rattles. ;)
The Helix are beasts, not quite as clean and detailed as the BMs but they definitely can rattle the cab a lot more, lol!

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
It makes a difference I ordered 4 sheets 1/8" for back of all the panels. I just finished the passenger door. I cld and ccf the backs of the door panels. I also cld the outer door skin and ccf with 1/2". I can't wait to get it all back together and fired up. Hopefully by the end of the week.:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ Nice clean work!

I used 1/4" on the door panels and 1/2" on top of it wherever I could (making it 3/4" in some areas, lol).

Still waiting for the new sails to come in, so I can mount my tweeters with the pods... I decided the tweeters are staying in the sails.
Also, the replacement HAT will be here tomorrow. I should have everything installed and done this week! :pepper:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I don't have anything to contribute..but just thought i'd say "Wow!" Last time I saw this thread it had 650 posts, now it's over 1700! Haha

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have anything to contribute..but just thought i'd say "Wow!" Last time I saw this thread it had 650 posts, now it's over 1700! Haha

Lol! :crazy:

I never thought this audio build would snowball into what it is... I have spent about $5,000 on my current set-up alone and I am still trying to sell the rest of my previous set-up. :3681700201_eef6d1e2

I have to say it was/is all worth it and process has been lots of learning and fun! :)

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Lol! :crazy:

I never thought this audio build would snowball into what it is... I have spent about $5,000 on my current set-up alone and I am still trying to sell the rest of my previous set-up. :3681700201_eef6d1e2

I have to say it was/is all worth it and process has been lots of learning and fun! :)
Holy that's wild! If I ever decide to mess with my audio this is the first thread I'll turn to!

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still waiting for the new sails to come in, so I can mount my tweeters with the pods... I decided the tweeters are staying in the sails.
Also, the replacement HAT will be here tomorrow. I should have everything installed and done this week! :pepper:

Can't wait to see that and your mounting approach.

Glad to see someone working on their vehicles. We've been blessed with single digit temps here in Pa so I have zero interest in working on the truck. I'd like to but working in those temps just makes everything a pain in the butt! Sucks too because I have all of my "additional" equipment sitting on or under my bench in my basement just staring at me.

Keeping my fingers crossed for nice temps late March or maybe even that odd February / March day when temps hit 50-60.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to see that and your mounting approach.

Glad to see someone working on their vehicles. We've been blessed with single digit temps here in Pa so I have zero interest in working on the truck. I'd like to but working in those temps just makes everything a pain in the butt! Sucks too because I have all of my "additional" equipment sitting on or under my bench in my basement just staring at me.

Keeping my fingers crossed for nice temps late March or maybe even that odd February / March day when temps hit 50-60.

I have noticed, you guys are having some rough weather... I'll cross my fingers for ya, too.
I lived in Philadelphia for 6 months when I first came to the US and after I saw 5 feet of snow I was like "nope, that's gonna work, lol!"

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finished the Dynaliner ccf on the passenger door. It's amazing, each time I add more sound deadening I can immediately hear the difference! Last thing I need to do is the headliner and maybe a little under the dash...

Also, swapped out my BMs for the Helix subs just for fun! I need a little spl in the cab to see if there are any rattles. ;)
The Helix are beasts, not quite as clean and detailed as the BMs but they definitely can rattle the cab a lot more, lol!

It makes a difference I ordered 4 sheets 1/8" for back of all the panels. I just finished the passenger door. I cld and ccf the backs of the door panels. I also cld the outer door skin and ccf with 1/2". I can't wait to get it all back together and fired up. Hopefully by the end of the week.:)
David and Hipps, you guys are doing amazing work, and just the sound deadening parts are starting to tempt my inner Obsessive /Compulsive nature to want to do the same... When (well, I guess IF) you guys are driving with your audio system off, are you now able to have blissful silence, or can you hear new noises that have to be found and killed? I can see myself going nuts trying to eliminate every creak and rattle that is heard once going down a path of sound deadening...

Sent via Tapatalk

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David and Hipps, you guys are doing amazing work, and just the sound deadening parts are starting to tempt my inner Obsessive /Compulsive nature to want to do the same... When (well, I guess IF) you guys are driving with your audio system off, are you now able to have blissful silence, or can you hear new noises that have to be found and killed? I can see myself going nuts trying to eliminate every creak and rattle that is heard once going down a path of sound deadening...

Sent via Tapatalk

Thanks man! Regardless of audio, sound deadening is an awesome mod...

I do not have a single creak or rattle in my truck. I can not hear my exhaust at all in the cab with the windows up. There is very little road noise. When I turn the bass up to where it is painfully loud, I can hear a little vibration coming from my headliner area, and that will be taken care of soon. :)

Also today I turned my music up pretty loud, closed the doors and listened from outside the cab. Not much sound gets out either!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today was a good day :)

Well gentleman, my tweeters are in their new home and I love how they turned out! I chose to not use the aluminum pods mounting arms or any of the spacers.

In person it looks like the tweeters are floating next to the sails, lol!

:naughty:

Attachments

• IMG_20150224_133035_559.jpg
    IMG_20150224_133035_559.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20150224_172019_700.jpg
    IMG_20150224_172019_700.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20150224_171903_456.jpg
    IMG_20150224_171903_456.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20150224_171722_238.jpg
    IMG_20150224_171722_238.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20150224_171735_325.jpg
    IMG_20150224_171735_325.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that is giving those tweeters some proper respect. Very nice!

Thanks man! I couldn't get a picture that showed them properly... They are mounted by one little bolt that you can't see, but it is on there very tight and sturdy.

This is my 5th and last tweeter placement/install in this thread, lol!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's awesome man, great work on making it look like its just hovering there.