De-Badge a TRX? Good or bad idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Tittle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Liter Scat Pack Hemi
I personally dislike all the emblems on new cars and thing the smooth de-badged lines look great.

What do you think? Take the RAM and TRX emblems off, or leave them on?!? Thoughts?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
You paid a billion dollars to have the nicest truck on the road. Show it off.

I never understood the philosophy of debadging a high end model to mimic the look of a base model. I paid extra money for the trim I have, I want to show it off.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally like the clean look better. And, that wide-body truck isn't going to be mistaken for anything else than what it is. And, that displacement emblem (with the "supercharged" included) would aid those not in the know. For me, it's take 'em off but it really is a personal preference. If they were all painted on emblems I'd leave them alone. My opinion alone though...

Last edited:

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No one will mistake your truck for what it is. Adds a little mystery for those that don't know.I guess if you have to let people know what you have by waving a big sign that is up to you. Me thinks letting the machine do the talking for you..speaks volumes..!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Longish story but true

One time after having someone break a driver side mirror, when my 2009 was parked on my street.
The dealership service dept. told me that i had to buy a whole new mirror, that they don't have just the mirror glass, ( they do carry just the glass in the parts dept. )

Anyway i decided to hit up some glass shops to get the mirror glass cut to fit.
I went to a shop that i had used over the years, unfortunately, the woman had sold the business. The new owner said that he could use double stick tape & a piece of mirror to get me on the road. I said that it was not an option.
Then he walked around my debadged 2009 Ram & asked me what it was, so he could look the truck up in one of the big glass books.

When he did not recognize the Ram grille & being that he was new to the Americas & the fact that he would use double sided tape to stick on mirror glass.
I figured my best bet was to head down to check out the 40 or more wrecking yards down at the Southern Border with Mexico.
It was then that i called the Dodge Parts Dept. to ask what a complete mirror would cost & he informed me that they carried just the mirror glass itself.

I was not about to let someone do anything to my Ram, if they could not figure out what it was

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would debadge it, but that's just me. My sister in law's boyfriend has a 4th gen hemi ram and I was looking at it today with all of its badges and I was like nope. Way too much going on. Its the same way with GM. Badges everywhere. I really think Ford of the big three that doesn't over do it.

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
To Quote a Quote
Badges we dont need no Stinking Badges
I take off every badge I can I think it makes the truck look cleaner
Just my $.02 cent

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally dislike all the emblems on new cars and thing the smooth de-badged lines look great.

What do you think? Take the RAM and TRX emblems off, or leave them on?!? Thoughts?

SUH, in my very humble opinion , if'n U got the Money to go and buy a TRX, do not listen to us internet Peeps, do wateva makes U Happy.

DA BOIRD.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
De badge and then re badge it a KIA storm. Then wait and see if pics of your truck show up as KIA seen testing their new entry into the light truck market.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say leave ‘em on there because what, the RAM logo on the grill, on the side and in the middle of the tailgate, the TRX logo on the back fender and on the tailgate, the 4x4 emblem on the other side of the tailgate and the black vinyl in the valley of the hood scoop really ain’t all that gaudy to me. The PW for example, they went too friggin’ overboard with all that **** as far as I’m concerned but anything else, I like my emblems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
For re-sale I would leave it alone. If I was looking for a used truck I would pass on one that has been de-badged, I hate it. And especially on a status truck such as a TRX people are going to want the badges.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have all of the original Badges in a box
When i sell the Ram, the badges go with it
Heck, i'll even help the new owner to put them back on

I see trucks all the time, that have all the factory badges, a Line-X sticker & dealership license plates, dealer mud flaps & a dealership sticker

To each their own ....

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take em offfff. Differentiates you from the other 6 on the road in your state.;) But really, its a good look on anything