Dealer is telling me I must pay MSRP if I special order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I'm trying to special order a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited. No dealer has what I'm looking for so the only option is to build it on the RAM website and special order it.

The salesguy sent me the message below.

Questions is : Does anyone have any experience with special ordering the 2019 RAM?

-------------
Without the RAMBOX option the price would be $64,485.
Thats what the MSRP would be without the RAMBOX. When you special order a car from the manufacturer there is no negotiating the price of the car because you are requesting the manufacturer build it specifically for you which takes production time away from other cars.
-----------
Hes full of crap! Go somewhere else.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Unfortunately this dealer has probably scammed people this way in the past, and they probably try it on just about everyone they can. Then if they get caught it’s just “we made a mistake, so sorry” I’m sure.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never focus on the "why" when negotiating with a dealer - it doesn't really matter, and often times it is simply not true. You want to buy the truck you want for $xx and they can agree or not - reasons why don't really matter.

By the way - his line about it "taking away line space" is about as silly as it gets....

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm trying to special order a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited. No dealer has what I'm looking for so the only option is to build it on the RAM website and special order it.

The salesguy sent me the message below.

Questions is : Does anyone have any experience with special ordering the 2019 RAM?

-------------
Without the RAMBOX option the price would be $64,485.
Thats what the MSRP would be without the RAMBOX. When you special order a car from the manufacturer there is no negotiating the price of the car because you are requesting the manufacturer build it specifically for you which takes production time away from other cars.
-----------

I ordered a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie and they gave me $2500 off the listed price, including options. Dealers can sell a vehicle for any price they want. They are not bound by Ram (FCA) to sell at full list price because of a special order. Visit another dealer!

Regards,
Dusty

2014 Ram Big Horn 1500 Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP70, 3.92 LSD, factory dual exhaust, 20” wheels. Now at: 080716 miles.

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
I know the point has been beaten into the ground by now, but that dealer is full of it.
The dealership I bought from (and likely most of them around here) was willing to bend over backwards to get me exactly what I wanted with every possible rebate and discount under the Sun.

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
********. Third truck I've ordered from my dealership. I paid about 45k for a 54k truck. AND, free oil changes, AND, many other amenities. Walk away from there, buy your truck from another dealer. I'm sure there's someone on this forum somewhat local to you that can hook you up with a more ethical dealership.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Hopefuly the member got enough endorsements from other members hear and walked on this criminal dealership.