Dealership Says They Won't Put Chrome Bumpers on a Custom Built Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Seems rather a-nal retentive. I am looking at ordering a custom factory built 2023 Longhorn. They have chrome bumpers all over the place at the assembly plant in Saltillo, Mexico. They build and are putting chrome bumpers on Laramies and Limiteds,... why not just grab a couple and bolt them on? How hard is that?

I tried to reason with the lady at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA about this but got nowhere. All she said is I could swap out the bumpers, aftermarket. What? And then what do I do with a pair of red painted bumpers? Fooey. I'd like to get an email address of management in Saltillo because I bet I can manage to accomplish this. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can find an email address at the Saltillo Plant?

thumbnail.png

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Unfortunately they pay people lots of money to make the building process as efficient as possible and any deviation from processes that are written by management is not allowed. Doesn't matter how easy it "could" be, it won't happen. Same reason we can't just pull a set of bumpers off the line prior to chroming because one guy wants a set to paint, it'll interrupt the whole thing.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I see why you'd want them vs going brown.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
There are no custom builds at the factory. You use a build sheet to select available options, that's as close to custom as you can get. They aren't Burger King, they aren't going to make it your way, and the dealership has zero control over that. It's not worth the maker's time and effort to customize to that level, and the prices would be nuts if they did. See: Jailbreak Chargers/Challengers which are much closer to a true custom, but still not quite there.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Honestly the chrome were a lot easier to keep clean, and didnt chip. But if you have to have the Laramie longhorn its part of the package, you want the two tone paint. They used to offer the colored bumpers and 2 tone trim, in other colors, but now its only brown.

Attachments

• 20220628_123028.jpg
    20220628_123028.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Seems rather a-nal retentive. I am looking at ordering a custom factory built 2023 Longhorn. They have chrome bumpers all over the place at the assembly plant in Saltillo, Mexico. They build and are putting chrome bumpers on Laramies and Limiteds,... why not just grab a couple and bolt them on? How hard is that?

I tried to reason with the lady at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA about this but got nowhere. All she said is I could swap out the bumpers, aftermarket. What? And then what do I do with a pair of red painted bumpers? Fooey. I'd like to get an email address of management in Saltillo because I bet I can manage to accomplish this. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can find an email address at the Saltillo Plant?

View attachment 517017
Ask for "parachoques cromados" and you will get them.

RamGuy110

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You used to be able to get chrome bumpers on a Longhorn. Discontinued for 2023.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
If you tell them that you are not buying a 2023 longhorn from them if they can’t order it with chrome bumpers, then yes, absolutely.
Seems pretty silly.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Just tell them to swap em' from a truck on the lot. if they say no go somewhere else!
The dealership I am working with is one of only a couple in the entire USA that offers the lowest prices on custom builds. 11-22% below msrp. So, it's not like I can go elsewhere.