Debadged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I debadged my 2017.

Used a heat gun on low as well as some 3M auto adhesive/sticker remover spray and it was pretty easy.

Everything cleaned off nice and I think it looks nice debadged. But I still have a little “ghosting” (if that’s what it’s called) where you can still see where the letters were from the right angles?

I expected that a little but are there any tricks to really buff or polish it out a little bit more? Any tips are appreciated on brands of materials etc.

I think it really gives the truck a clean look without the crazy amount of badging we get from the factory so I’m glad I got it done.

My next stage to get a smooth and clean look is to get the sidesteps replaced with some retractable AMP power steps I think that’d make it look real nice down the sides.

40B721A0-D09E-4F49-80C5-03D78DD30CA7.jpeg34965842-DB1E-4FC9-807F-EC00F0A0D5DC.jpegCB03353B-34D6-424D-ABA0-988A616386C4.jpeg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I went thru the full restore process on mine something to cut, polish then sealed. Granted mine came off the day after u bought it so didnt sit on paint nearly as long. I just did my 07 tahoe last week. The only thing left is a faint line where the rubber bumper pads were. Hope they come off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

OP
OP
rwhjr

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good!
Appreciate it man. I put the 6” lift and flares on a while back and haven’t done much else so I’ve been itching to do something.

Always liked the clean debadged look so now after looking at it I really wanna get the sidesteps replaces with some “invisible” AMP power steps and I think it’ll satisfy me for now lol.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Appreciate it man. I put the 6” lift and flares on a while back and haven’t done much else so I’ve been itching to do something.

Always liked the clean debadged look so now after looking at it I really wanna get the sidesteps replaces with some “invisible” AMP power steps and I think it’ll satisfy me for now lol.
I love amp steps just dont want to spend the coin on steps yet lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Great color. Id pull off the a-pillar decals and some how get color matched mirrors. Im in the process of getting mirrors to have color matched, once i get wheels/tires ill debadge the rest of mine.

OP
OP
rwhjr

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love amp steps just dont want to spend the coin on steps yet lol

Yeah I was in the same boat that I wasn’t sure they’re worth the money. But I’d get a lower and wider step than I have (nice for the short people in my life) AND they’d look a lot more sleek when they’re tucked away. So I’m getting closer to the edge of pulling the trigger.

Great color. Id pull off the a-pillar decals and some how get color matched mirrors. Im in the process of getting mirrors to have color matched, once i get wheels/tires ill debadge the rest of mine.
Yeah I’ve always loved this color. As far as the a pillar vinyl is concerned.....I like the look of the black with tinted windows. Only thing I don’t like is how the factory stuff has a couple wrinkles at the bottom. My idea has been to have it done better with some gloss black vinyl eventually.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great! Love the debadged look but think the Delmonico red looks especially good that way.

Greenham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just watched a YouTube video of a guy that debadges and details cars for a living (look up debadging) he showed the ghosting you are talking about. It seems the darker the paint the more prominant that ghosting is. Sorry answer was cast polish a few times

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Definitely cleans it up and looks great! You just forced me into doing this very soon. Did you use dental floss or fishing line? Or just pull them off?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I forgot I also used the 3m eraser wheel on the wifes tahoe made getting the excess off a breeze. When I did my truck i used a pair of gardner gloves with the rubberized fingers worked decent and a chit load cheaper the wheel was like 45 bucks.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I debadged my 2017.

Used a heat gun on low as well as some 3M auto adhesive/sticker remover spray and it was pretty easy.

Everything cleaned off nice and I think it looks nice debadged. But I still have a little “ghosting” (if that’s what it’s called) where you can still see where the letters were from the right angles?

I expected that a little but are there any tricks to really buff or polish it out a little bit more? Any tips are appreciated on brands of materials etc.

I think it really gives the truck a clean look without the crazy amount of badging we get from the factory so I’m glad I got it done.

My next stage to get a smooth and clean look is to get the sidesteps replaced with some retractable AMP power steps I think that’d make it look real nice down the sides.

View attachment 191029View attachment 191030View attachment 191031
Nice rig bro.
My badges were on 5 years before I removed mine. It had ghosting also. Any low cut polish will work and then some Mothers wax... I show how I did it here.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rwhjr

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good my friend ... try some medium cut polish should get rid of it
Will do. Thanks. It’s actually not very noticeable. Take the right angle of light and standing at the right angle to see anything. 99% of people don’t notice but since I know it’s there, bugs me a little.

Definitely cleans it up and looks great! You just forced me into doing this very soon. Did you use dental floss or fishing line? Or just pull them off?
Careful use of heat gun and just pulled them off from the corners of each letter/number.

I forgot I also used the 3m eraser wheel on the wifes tahoe made getting the excess off a breeze. When I did my truck i used a pair of gardner gloves with the rubberized fingers worked decent and a chit load cheaper the wheel was like 45 bucks.

Actually looks for the 3M wheel but nobody local had it. Pulled them off and got the thick parts off by using my fingers. Then the left behind stickiness came off real easy with 3M adhesive remover spray and a microfiber towel.

Nice rig bro.
My badges were on 5 years before I removed mine. It had ghosting also. Any low cut polish will work and then some Mothers wax... I show how I did it here.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Gonna watch this again tomorrow and try it on my truck as well. Thanks for the link.

Looks great. That's typically my first mod right when I get home with my new vehicles
Wish I did. I feel like it’s one of those things that the longer you wait the harder it is.

Got it cleaned up today since it was so warm outside. Still liking how much cleaner it looks without all the emblems.
227B2357-BA7F-4A75-B67F-44522F317A74.jpeg A452BD40-3BF5-4990-8006-15BE81E7869C.png

OP
OP
rwhjr

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Progress Report: continued with the “smoothing” of the trucks overall appearance and removed the flares for a more streamline look. Forgot how sexy these fourth gens are when they’re naked.

The final piece to the puzzle will be Amp Powersteps in the spring once it warms up.

C78642B2-DDEA-4ED8-8109-7B25F96802BC.jpeg

EA199AF7-E92D-49D3-9405-E602486392E6.jpeg

876A6E7B-E2FB-4BCE-B58E-4703E64F878F.jpeg

EB28F4EA-B788-48AF-A6D3-9FF06716ED78.jpeg

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks great, a lot better without the flares too. I have a 2019 Delmonico Red RCSB. I'm planning to debadge mine as well, but wanted to at least make the first payment on it before I committed, just in case something went wrong and I didn't end up keeping the truck, as I've only had it 1 month as of yesterday.

My truck has the black appearance package, so the badges aren't as much of an eye sore, but I still don't want them on there. Especially the additional "Classic" badge.

OP
OP
rwhjr

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks great, a lot better without the flares too. I have a 2019 Delmonico Red RCSB. I'm planning to debadge mine as well, but wanted to at least make the first payment on it before I committed, just in case something went wrong and I didn't end up keeping the truck, as I've only had it 1 month as of yesterday.

My truck has the black appearance package, so the badges aren't as much of an eye sore, but I still don't want them on there. Especially the additional "Classic" badge.

Thanks for the compliment.

Well worst case scenario is you could put some back on for pretty cheap if you were forced to sell.

I like the look on mine I only wish I’d done it sooner.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
A set of color matched factory flares would look Stella!