Diablo Predator 2 tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yitzhak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently bought a predator 2 platinum for my ram 1500 2006 5.7. I love the tuner but I’m super new to the world of tuning so my question is.

Why am I only able to see 87 & 91 tune but not a performance 87 and 91 tune?

I’ve seen YouTube videos of people having the tune but they don’t explain how to load it. Do I have to download it on diablosport website or is it something that if my truck accepts it then it’ll appear and if not then it wont

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm no expert but your truck should accept a tune no problem pending you have the right tuner for the vehicle. It should come pre loaded on the tuner so the 87 and 91 tune you are seeing are what are available. Should be able to plug it in (OBD port), put the truck in "run" (engine off) and load the tunes through the tuner. It likely has prompts to tell you what to do once you select the tune you want.

OP
OP
Y

Yitzhak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Dan90 It does prompt me to choose the 91 and 87 tune but I’m looking to run the 91 or 87 perf and not the Diablo 91 or 87 tune. I’ve seen 3rd gen ram videos with the caption they’re running “91 or 87 perf” with my tuner but I can’t find a thread on how they load it via preloaded tune or is it a custom tune they call 91 or 87 perf. I have the predator 2 CMR compatible tuner. Guess I gotta stick with what I got in the tuner, appreciate the response though!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Diablosport did change the terminology and dropped the "performance tune" descriptors for the 87 & 91 octane tunes aka "canned tunes", in later versions of the Predator.

As you've discovered you have an 87 and a 91 octane tunes that are available in the current Predator 2 programmer. There are other features available for your use as well.

The Predator 2 Platinum will accept custom tunes and hold up to 4 or 5 tune packages at the same time. Custom tunes are the way to go, IMHO. They are specific to your truck/VIN and really make a difference in the driveability and performance of your vehicle.

There are several sources of custom tunes. I got a custom tune for my 2014 2500 CC with the 6.4L HEMI in it from Hemifever. He will ask you to send him your "last tune written", the OEM tune file and some logs that you will create with the programmer. He will create a tune file and send it to you via email. You load it on to your Predator then plug the programmer into your truck and load that tune. Then you do some more logging while driving your truck. You may go through 2 or 3 iterations of the same process.

His custom tune really woke up my Ram even though it already had one of the Diablosport "canned" 91 octane tunes on it.

OP
OP
Y

Yitzhak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got it, okay that really settled the issue for me. I was just confused as to why I didn’t see that type of tune on there. I’ll reach out to Hemifever once I’ve gotten headers and an exhaust system

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What type of improvements do you see with the 87 or 91 octane tunes over stock?

the list is a mile long one you get a custom tune. the Canned tunes are pretty much a joke.

OP
OP
Y

Yitzhak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I mean the canned tunes are cool for me since it’s a first time for me in the world of tuning. Once I get headers, if I can figure out certain solutions to problems that I face when installing them in CA, I’ll definitely do a custom tune. But canned tunes are doing cool for me so far, I’d recommend running 91 tune

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the list is a mile long one you get a custom tune. the Canned tunes are pretty much a joke.

If I decide to keep this truck after I leave CA, I'd like to eliminate the EVAP system, install headers, and custom tune. No forced induction [for now].