Do I really need a lift to fit 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not an expert but just adding my 2c.....

"Fit" and "usable" are 2 different things.. Is it a grocery getter or are you running it offroad?

I see guys that have fit 37's (or what ever oversized tire) on trucks but they are so stuffed they hit the fender pulling into the parking lot. I'd never venture offroad like that.

Just something to consider when people claim they fit. (though I do trust Thuren's opinion) I personally wouldn't run them without a little lift but that's me.

They fit and are usable offroad in Moab. Verified by me. The guy who made the tire fitment video.

I like to think I have some experience in this department since I've tested just about every configuration on these trucks. In Moab, repeatedly doing hard trails.

62449449_880612635664495_3917601251646242816_n.jpg

Sando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It was that video that convinced me to go with 37's. I previously ran 35's. Running AEV Katlas and Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.50, only rubs the sway bar at full lock.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It was that video that convinced me to go with 37's. I previously ran 35's. Running AEV Katlas and Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.50, only rubs the sway bar at full lock.

Would be a touch less with the 12.50 - but glad the video was helpful. It's a great combo.

OP
OP
SeaSickSailor

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Would be a touch less with the 12.50 - but glad the video was helpful. It's a great combo.
I’m probably going to go with BFG KO2, 37”x12.5”. Not sure if I’ll stay with stock wheels or not. I’d like to go to 8.5” width versus the stock 8” width.

phil frost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m probably going to go with BFG KO2, 37”x12.5”. Not sure if I’ll stay with stock wheels or not. I’d like to go to 8.5” width versus the stock 8” width.

37's on stock power wagon wheels look great, IMO. You may have to find a shop that will mount them though. I had two local places (franchises, not mom and pop shops) tell me they wouldn't mount 37's on 8" wide wheels.

My dealer actually said they would mount them though.

OP
OP
SeaSickSailor

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
37's on stock power wagon wheels look great, IMO. You may have to find a shop that will mount them though. I had two local places (franchises, not mom and pop shops) tell me they wouldn't mount 37's on 8" wide wheels.

Good to know. Thanks.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any pics of your setup? I don't think I've seen a PW with those meaty MT Toyos....width spec is 14.6" wide! They should label them as 14.5's, their 37x12.50 are spec'd at 12.5.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Some places are really weird about that. Even though a manufacturer might say it can mount up.

My 39's, Discount Tire wouldn't mount to my truck. But they'll gladly mount and balance if I brought them in loose. They just have rules from corporate about stuff.

Sando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Any pics of your setup? I don't think I've seen a PW with those meaty MT Toyos....width spec is 14.6" wide! They should label them as 14.5's, their 37x12.50 are spec'd at 12.5.

Here are a few that I took at the office today. Sorry, no dirt pics yet, need to get to South Texas and see what the new shoes can do.

I am new at this forum, so I hope the pics post
s!Ao1WDarzVv5pjsN0rtYnIr0V-xjzFA

s!Ao1WDarzVv5pjsNy_dh7jJr9LWctkQ

s!Ao1WDarzVv5pjsNzA166oeySh5sb2A

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Here are a few that I took at the office today. Sorry, no dirt pics yet, need to get to South Texas and see what the new shoes can do.

I am new at this forum, so I hope the pics post
Welcome to the forum Sando! I can't see the pics on my end.

Sando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I a not sure if my Newbie status prevents me from posting pics. Mods, any suggestions?

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Great looking rig Sando! Those meaty Toyo 37's really fill out the wheel wells. I like those wheels since the center cap is built in to the wheel to give it an OEM look.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just when I thought I had made my mind on some BFG KM3s you post these monster tires. How's the noise level. They also look a little bigger than some of the other 37s I've seen on pictures. Do you have an actual height/width of these installed on the truck? How's the tire poke-out with the 14+" width?

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great looking rig Sando! Those meaty Toyo 37's really fill out the wheel wells. I like those wheels since the center cap is built in to the wheel to give it an OEM look.

FYI - I decided to pull the trigger on purchasing some AEV Katla wheels so I did. Good timing too because right now AEV has a promotion going on that if you buy 4 wheels, they'll give you a 5th wheel for free. So I got 5 for 4 plus free shipping. Not sure how long the promotion runs, but looks like it just started in May.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
FYI - I decided to pull the trigger on purchasing some AEV Katla wheels so I did. Good timing too because right now AEV has a promotion going on that if you buy 4 wheels, they'll give you a 5th wheel for free. So I got 5 for 4 plus free shipping. Not sure how long the promotion runs, but looks like it just started in May.

CRAP! Figures, last year I bought all five!
Just a heads-up to new wheel owners....I cleaned and sealed my new wheels with Adams Ceramic system, seems to make a big difference in protecting against the elements (snow/mud/dirt) up here at 7k ft in the mtns. Very simple to use!

BTW, personally I think AEV Katla wheels have the perfect off-set and look great!

Sando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just when I thought I had made my mind on some BFG KM3s you post these monster tires. How's the noise level. They also look a little bigger than some of the other 37s I've seen on pictures. Do you have an actual height/width of these installed on the truck? How's the tire poke-out with the 14+" width?

I measured the ride height at aprox 36.5". I used the AEV Ram ProCal to get my speedo corrected using that measurement and it was spot on when compared to Waze. I am not sure about width, I can measure that when I get home. The outside tread is about 1" - 2" past the factory fender flares. I am contemplating adding Bushwacker ExtendAFender flares.

These are not any louder than my Duratracs to my un-trained ears. My exhaust tends to drown out any tire roar.

Last edited: