Do retractable tonneau covers rattle alot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any of you guys have any experience with a retractable tonneau cover? Its almost like a door of a public storage space. I was looking at this integrated toolbox + retractable cover combo from Truck Covers USA.

Truck Covers USA | AMERICAN WORK COVER - Truck Covers USA

to me it looks very innovative and cool, but I'm worried that the retractable cover that is resting on rails will rattle alot. Has anybody bought this exact toolbox and tonneau combo or any kind of similar cover that has rails? thanks

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Any of you guys have any experience with a retractable tonneau cover? Its almost like a door of a public storage space. I was looking at this integrated toolbox + retractable cover combo from Truck Covers USA.

Truck Covers USA | AMERICAN WORK COVER - Truck Covers USA

to me it looks very innovative and cool, but I'm worried that the retractable cover that is resting on rails will rattle alot. Has anybody bought this exact toolbox and tonneau combo or any kind of similar cover that has rails? thanks

It's a really neat concept that I would love to have, but not for $1700...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a hard enough time justifying spending 1k on mine... no way I could spend 1700. but it is kinda cool. best of luck

OP
OP
RAMYOU

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
it's a toolbox and a cover together $1700, so actually it's not that bad. Only thing I'm worried about is that if it makes alot of noise back there while im driving.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My trifold rattles some times. I don't notice it much, but my brother did in the back seat when we were on some choppy highway. 10x as many panels, in a channel that allow them to slide? I don't see how it couldn't rattle eventually.

OP
OP
RAMYOU

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My trifold rattles some times. I don't notice it much, but my brother did in the back seat when we were on some choppy highway. 10x as many panels, in a channel that allow them to slide? I don't see how it couldn't rattle eventually.

thats exactly what im thinking. I like the clean look, security, and very minimal loss of bed space, but if it rattles and makes alot of noise like my truck is falling apart, my $1700 is going straight into garbage.