Do you love your truck? I love mine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I love my truck. It's got curb appeal, but just enough wrong with it to make it a fun and rewarding project. Not that I NEED another project in my life, but I've always loved working on cars, when it wasn't a situation where I needed to get it done so I could get to work the next day. (Anyone else reserve the Thanksgiving 4 day weekends for car repair?) I went to Home Depot today. I park waaaayyy out. I love the walk back with a cart load of lumber and bags of mortar. The truck looks so good sitting out there.
The suspension doesn't know I just spent the last 10 minutes filling the bed with soaking wet pressure treated wood and bags of mortar mix. Doesn't care. Pull up next to some guy with his stereo thumping, I'm literally above all of that. My Cummins powered turbo diesel is at war with everyone I stop next to. I don't care. I have my windows rolled up with the AC on and I don't hear it, but they do.
I took about 3 years to find the right Ram and this is one of the handful of times I got the right thing, for the right price, at the right time. I do love this truck.

Tell me about yours!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Yes I love my truck ( max steel) I am cheap and build the things I need that I can and buy what I have to I bought a power wagon for camping and I wrecked my jeep and I need a truck it’s like a rubicon truck lol but bigger and faster and badder

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Hi…. my name is Socalramfan and I’m an addict.

Never had a truck prior to this one. Have had several other cars where it’s how fast around the circuit did you run, and put one hell of a smile on your face.

Yet, in all honesty my Ram is my favorite vehicle to drive. Not the fastest, not the tallest, but it is one bad ass truck :gr_grin:

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nah, i don’t love mine i screwed up and should have held out and waited for a Tremor. Don’t get me wrong i don’t hate mine, but don’t love it either.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Love is such a strong word when it come to inanimate objects that show no emotion or affection. I love my wife and family; I love the dog, she shows affection. But my truck?
I like my truck, I like it a lot. It’s a great truck. I’m happy with it. It’s my first real truck. It’s fun to drive and work on doing little projects that personalize it for just me. My wife even likes my truck. She’ll come up with any reason or excuse to drive it. It’s just so much fun. In the past month of ownership, I’ve installed a hard tonneau cover, running boards, new bed mat, new cabinet floor mats, grab handle covers, seat belt pads (monogramed) , bed tied downs, and a bunch of small stuff that I don’t recall.
Love it? Nah, but like it a lot? Yep!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
My wife used to hate my truck but she likes it now because it’s big and loud and people get out of the way now it’s ready for camping road trips no kids life’s good

Ellamay_the05v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum v8
I love the low rumble of the idle and and the way ole Ella may rides the subs kick and the music still sounds clean she ain’t fast but she’s loud. If she runs then she runs great but half the time won’t even crank. Yes indeed I do love my truck bubba

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure do....she's been good to me for a lot of years. I sometimes even pet the dash....like when I got her new tires a few weeks ago and said, "There there baby, do you like your new shoes? You deserve them." Of course, my wife looked at me like kinda funny.....

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
17 yrs this month........absolutely lol. I will say that after riding around in my LX/LD cars, I tended to not wanna drive it as much. Rehabbing the interior made me fall in love with driving it again.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
My 2019 Dually just turned 17,000 miles and I too, still love it. Kinda wish I had a 2023 flame red Longhorn Edition dually and maybe that will happen, but we'll just have to wait and see! My current is the high output Cummins with 410 gears. I think I'd rather have the standard output with 373 gears for better fuel economy. Of course, I'd have to settle for the 68RFE trans--instead of the Aisin--but hat might be OK.

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nope! I like it, but don't love it. Bought a Ram due to price vs the Silverado, and now regret it. Less than 75k and it craps a transmission. Almost 300k on the Silverado I had before this and nothing but routine maintenance. This is my second Dodge truck, and I assure you it will be my last. Hoping it will last 2 more years, then it is out of here.