Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucas lamb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My truck cut off on my while driving after several attempts I got it start and drove home struggling to keep it from stalling. It would start after a great deal of effort but it ran really bad no power , missed awful,sucked down gas and my oil gage would drop to zero. Now it won’t start at all I’ve replace tons of sensors it still wouldn’t start it’s now reading camshaft position sensor open circuit bank 1. I replaced that also. Can someone help

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My truck cut off on my while driving after several attempts I got it start and drove home struggling to keep it from stalling. It would start after a great deal of effort but it ran really bad no power , missed awful,sucked down gas and my oil gage would drop to zero. Now it won’t start at all I’ve replace tons of sensors it still wouldn’t start it’s now reading camshaft position sensor open circuit bank 1. I replaced that also. Can someone help
What are you using for a scan tool? If you don't have a scan tool where you can view PCM data your going to have a hard time getting anywhere. With a no-start there are several things that need to be verified.

Is there oil in the motor? What is the fuel pressure at "key on"? Does the PCM show you have a crank signal or a cam signal? What is the cam/crank difference? What is the MAP voltage? Using a DVOM verify that you have 5 Volts at the cam and crank sensors. Do you have consistent spark from the ignition coils?

Plenty of things to check.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds like you blindly fired a parts canon at the truck. Could be as simple as water in the gas, next would be a cam/crank position sensor. Keep in mind, just because a sensor was replaced doesn't imply it is a good sensor.

Also, check for ground and power issues with the engine controller, make sure the electronics have good power. A truck as old as yours likely will start experiencing electrical connector issues.