Does your truck smoke a lot in the cold weather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does your truck smoke a lot in the cold weather...specifically single digit type weather? Mine leaves a vapor trail like an SR71 when it is really cold out! I suspect that they all do because the exhaust temp is probably cool when exiting the pipes. It's not really smoke but more like fluffy white condensation that dissipates pretty quickly. Plus, the 8 speed really keeps the engine temp down so the exhaust is not super heated to begin with.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Absolutly normal .

Here, our exhaust are smoking 5 month per year haha. They smoke enough to lost the rear car in the Mirror sometime.

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Absolutly normal .

Here, our exhaust are smoking 5 month per year haha. They smoke enough to lost the rear car in the Mirror sometime.

Yes, exactly! Sometimes I loose site of the car behind me do to the smoke! LOL!

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Under acceleration it will look like a vapor tail off my tailgate. LOL

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Glad to hear this is normal. Here in Texas, high 20s is about as low as temps get for me when I drive... and its pretty rare. My truck rolls out thick white smoke. One thing I noticed is when I have my electronic exhaust in the open position, there is almost no smoke at idle coming out of the dumps.. but when they are closed and my exhaust is running through the full system(hi flow cats, muffler) there is a lot of smoke at idle. Is that normal?

lowfast

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Condensation that is in the muffler and cats is evaporating and burning off. Usually if you drive long enough it clears up since all of the vapor is out of the system. Up here in Wisconsin all cars do this until they have been driving 10-15 minutes and are up to full operating temps.

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I ever have doubts, I do a quick smell test and see if the smoke has a strong burning gas or oil smell. :)

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck does have this addiction and yes I have tried Nicotine patches for it.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Should see the clouds a semi makes when it's -30 haha, it gets absolutely insane some days, I love it :D