Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog "Mods"

Discussion in 'Interior' started by takebars, Jun 19, 2020.

1. takebars

takebars Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2020 PW
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    Hi everyone! As I mentioned in a different post, I am a new PW owner. Love, love, love this truck, and so do our dogs. I'm pretty sure that I have spent more on them than I have for myself with the new ride.

With that said, here are my purchases for the PW Pups so far:

Stairs. Purchased the five stair set with a 150lb weight capacity. When fully extended, these fit nicely under the interior portion of the door and lie flat on the rear seat fold flats.
    DogStairs.jpg
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGK3M8...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Next was the backseat hammock. I first tried Scout's Mobile Mudroom from Duluth Trading. It is ok. Not particularly thrilled with the fit. I ended up moving that one to the back of my wife's Tahoe. I purchased a second one from Amazon, and I am much happier with this product. I believe the coverage to be better for our trucks, and I appreciate the vented area in the front that allows the dogs to get some air more easily.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FXLZ9NH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PurpleDogBed.JPG

No good dog palace would be complete without a nice comfy bed. For this, I chose two medium Purple Dog Beds. The two fit nicely side by side in the vertical position. There are a couple of places where it compresses under the seats, but that is the beauty of Purple. Really happy with these, and I have a nice place to sleep if I spend too much on PW mods. ;)

https://purple.com/pet-bed/buy?size...8d2G6YAyydyb2zjtNFaIkHwzcUatRNTRoCYywQAvD_BwE

Life and Power Wagons are better with dogs. Post up your PW Pups, and anything you may have purchased for their comfort or enjoyment while cruising.

Wag more, bark less. :driver:

Rado, Hawkman, Udy2554 and 10 others like this.
  2. WY-Dave

WY-Dave Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 CTD
    Created myself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 of the 2 lugs checking it out in fab phase
    [​IMG]

Hawkman and takebars like this.
  3. takebars

takebars Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2020 PW
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    That is pretty cool. Is that a cutout for dog bowls too?

4. Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin Gearhead

Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
    Ram Year:
    2019 Limited 4X4
    Engine:
    E-torque hemi
    Talk about pampered! Mine doesn't need stairs, just hops in. Rides on the seat. I have a Duluth Trading seat cover for a long haul. He's backseat driving in the Jeep here. No pics of him in the Ram IMG_20180426_111351788.jpg

takebars likes this.
  5. takebars

takebars Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2020 PW
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    Ours are definitely pampered. We have four total. Only one will actually jump in the truck. One is too old, one is too fat, and one is too much of a princess. It was taking a toll on our bodies lifting nearly 300lbs of dog into the back seat, and I'm not of fan of the nail scratches on the door sill.

The stairs are easily setup with one hand. Just wish they fit in the rambox as I don't have a neat place to store them.

We also do a lot of traveling with two of them for agility competitions, before Covid anyway. Have to make sure the athletes have a comfortable spot to relax.

Jus Cruisin likes this.
  6. Mehgyver

Mehgyver Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L V8
    nice stairs i may need to pick up a set of those, my dog is 16 and cant really jump into/out of the truck anymore

takebars likes this.
  7. dodge2004

dodge2004 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Those stairs are great!

takebars likes this.
  8. WY-Dave

WY-Dave Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 CTD
    Yes and access to the cubbies unedr the seat. When we have the grandson, the seat is down and only one cushion is in. When only the dogs, I have a piece of fiberboard that I keep behind the seat as part of the rear back folddown mod. No fiberboard shown
    [​IMG]

takebars likes this.