Doing a 4.7 to 5.7 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the2010ramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What all do I need in order to do a hemi swap from my 4.7? My 4.7 has a knock in it and I'd rather not get another 4.7 because they aren't very reliable and I can get a hemi parts truck from the same year. What all do I need to swap over? Is there already a thread on this? Thanks

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not worth doing pre sure it will be a ton of work it is not like older cars where you can just throw a diff engine in there is a lot more to it now in days. Just buy a diff truck if you hate the 4.7 that bad However the 4.7 engines are as reliable as the Hemi especially the newer ones if you take care of them i have had/seen many go over 200k no problem. The issue is people do not change the oil often and overheat them ect ect .

Also how do you know your 4.7 engine is 100% shot? 80% of the time its lifters and timing chain tensioners both easy fixes. You should post a vid of it running I can tell the issue just by hearing it have worked on a ton of 4.7 engines.

Last edited: