Dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WBUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2018 Quad cab rear dome light stays on while truck is running. Takes a long time to shut off after ignition is shut off. Recently removed the rear seats to replace cab vents. Any ideas? Thanks

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like the circuit is the constant on circuit and is shutting off when the computer goes to sleep. Did you modify any wiring or add anything? Is this issue new? Does your truck have the front upper console lights as well?

OP
OP
W

WBUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't modified or added anything. It is a new issue and the truck has front upper console lights. Thanks

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. If it’s a new issue make sure the interior dial switch is not set to on. Do the front lights stay on as well? I’m pretty sure all interior lights are controlled by the bcm

sneaky30

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500
Engine
Don't know if you ever figured it out but I had a similar issue with my 2021 Ram 1500 the day after I bought it brand new with the interior lights not shutting off. I took it back to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out at first. After 4 days of them changing out the BCM and reprogramming the PCM and whatever other troubleshooting they were doing, they found that the rear dome light power wire was shorted to the screw holding the stupid thing up.

Bertrrr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 21 model is doin the same thing for no reason I can figure out, Thought I possibly touched a switch for the light to stay on but can't find any.