Door Lock issue after OTA update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hankrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My truck recently did the OTA Uconnect update to 18.x.
Since then when I unlock all the doors either by the door switch or by the "auto unlock on exit" setting, the right passenger door lock has an issue.
It will unlock -lock itself about 4 times in rapid succession.
Sort of like a unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock action really quick.
Anyone else seen something like this?

HemiJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have mine set to honk the horn on second key press when locking the doors and it will randomly honk on the first press. Not to big of a deal unless you get home from work at 530 a.m. and it makes the dogs bark and wakes up the wife. took it to the dealer they changed the battery in the fob and it did not fix the problem.

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s a weird one. Not sure if it would help, but maybe disconnect the battery for a bit or remove the lock/window switch and unplug/replug the connections. That’s what I would try, anyway.

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a problem with the actuator. If still under warranty, I would take it in.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Actuator is on its way out. Pretty common. Just a coincidence it happened after the update was performed.

OP
OP
Hankrebel

Hankrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I took the door panel off yesterday to check if the lock pull/arms were bound up.
Nothing looked out of the ordinary.
I tested with the metal arm kept in between the plastic retainers and the lock with do the repetitive lock/unlock.
Almost like its sensing there is restriction.
I moved the lock arm out of the way of the retainers but still able to place the door panel over it. It no longer does it, so Im leaving it as is