Weird rear door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My2010Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, I have a 2010 Ram 1500 quad cab with the 5.7. Recently I discovered that my passenger side rear door does not actually lock when you go to the lock the car. The tab on the door goes up and down when you lock and unlock the car but the door opens freely when in the locked position. I haven’t opened up the inside of the door yet to see if it could be anything obvious but I doubt it will be that obvious. I’m wondering if I just need to replace the door/lock actuator but I’m just guessing. Anyone else ever run into this issue?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Remove the door cover and look. If the tab is going up and down, the actuator is working. What is likely not working is the bar that attaches to the actuator to actually lock the door. It may have fallen off the tab or the tab may have broken.

For the older trucks since it was there anyhow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

My2010Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Remove the door cover and look. If the tab is going up and down, the actuator is working. What is likely not working is the bar that attaches to the actuator to actually lock the door. It may have fallen off the tab or the tab may have broken.

For the older trucks since it was there anyhow.

Thanks!