DPF Regen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The motor is not my concern, it’s all the electronic crap added to it and the rest of it.
The problem is that doing mods like that gives the dealers wide latitude to deny warranty claims. I'm not anti-delete. I wouldn't do it personally, but I have no problems with others doing the deletes. I'd sure recommend you being out of the warranty period first though.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dealer has to prove a delete or modification was the direct result of the failure.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dealer has to prove a delete or modification was the direct result of the failure.
If they deny the claim, the owner has to fight for it. Sometimes that works out, sometimes it doesn't. It will be a huge hassle in any case. Not worth the risk to me personally.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If they deny the claim, the owner has to fight for it. Sometimes that works out, sometimes it doesn't. It will be a huge hassle in any case. Not worth the risk to me personally.

^ Exactly. Dealers have been voiding warranties based on mods and it is becoming more prevalent as of late. Most people don't have the finances or resources to fight it in the slim chance they "might" win.

You mod/delete your truck you can pretty much kiss the warranty goodbye at this point. Yes they will probably fix your radio if it goes out (within 36k) but anything engine/fuel/powertrain related they will most likely deny. Heck, There is a guy on one of these forums that recently had his warranty voided because of a pedal commander. They are flagging them in the system so it's not like you can just go to another dealer either.

And before someone starts throwing "Magnuson-Moss" out there, that is not what it is there for.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
^ Exactly. Dealers have been voiding warranties based on mods and it is becoming more prevalent as of late. Most people don't have the finances or resources to fight it in the slim chance they "might" win.

You mod/delete your truck you can pretty much kiss the warranty goodbye at this point. Yes they will probably fix your radio if it goes out (within 36k) but anything engine/fuel/powertrain related they will most likely deny. Heck, There is a guy on one of these forums that recently had his warranty voided because of a pedal commander. They are flagging them in the system so it's not like you can just go to another dealer either.

And before someone starts throwing "Magnuson-Moss" out there, that is not what what it is there for.

A guy posted in the 4th Gen general forum in the last day that a warranty claim on his uConnect stereo was denied because he had a controller for his after market electric running boards plugged into the ODBII port. I know the after market companies that sell mods throw out the "they can't deny the warranty because of our mod" line all the time. But they're not the ones that have to pay or fight when it does happen.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I have a 2019 3500 duelly with the Cummins high output 6.7, w/ about 9,000 miles on it. I, too, am never alerted about a regen taking place. The only place I can see it is in the DPF screen in the dashboard LCD "instrument" panel. Currently the screen shows DPF at 25% and I am wondering when it will do a regen. These days in late summer I am really not driving anywhere--just around town. I live a great distance from Phoenix and my next trip isn't until Sept 13. When the DPF filter read 12% I did drive out at high speed (over 2,000 rpm) about 10 miles and then back and no regen occurred. Thoughts? Advise? Suggestions?

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It probably wont do a regen until the computer says it needs to.
I have only driven my truck about 20k miles since I bought it and I have no idea if it has ever done a regen. I've never noticed any change in performance or mileage if it has dome a regen.

GSPKurt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My '16 Tradesman showed it was full and was doing the limp mode countdown. I dropped the DPF and cleaned it manually. Put it back in, and no change. Took to dealer and they said I needed a new ECM, and replaced it under warranty, barely. That was last year and I've had no trouble since. No display indicating needing regen, nothing.