Drag Link Adjust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone adjusted drag link on these new 2500s? My steering wheel is off center a little after installing a leveling kit. Is it the same as previous generations? Loctite needed?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone adjusted drag link on these new 2500s? My steering wheel is off center a little after installing a leveling kit. Is it the same as previous generations? Loctite needed?
Yes, it is the same as previous generations. Break the clamps loose and rotate the adjuster until centered and satisfied. I also recommend the Loctite. It is never a bad idea to use is when working on such a safety-sensitive system like the vehicles steering components.

OP
OP
C

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, it is the same as previous generations. Break the clamps loose and rotate the adjuster until centered and satisfied. I also recommend the Loctite. It is never a bad idea to use is when working on such a safety-sensitive system like the vehicles steering components.
Awesome. I had to adjust on my Jeep several times, but haven’t on a 2500. I watched some YouTube videos but they were all 4th gens, glad to hear it’s the same setup. Thank you!

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
It’s only that simple if your truck hasn’t had the recall done for the drag link recall yet.

OP
OP
C

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s only that simple if your truck hasn’t had the recall done for the drag link recall yet.
That’s what I was worried about, if the welds had been done. I was hoping with the 2019’s they were able to fix the issue without welding like the 4th gens.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
That’s what I was worried about, if the welds had been done. I was hoping with the 2019’s they were able to fix the issue without welding like the 4th gens.
Oh you have a 19? Never mind. It’s a piece of cake. I put the new style on mine and then had to adjust it myself. You can literally adjust it by hand, just make sure the nut is loosened. Super easy.

OP
OP
C

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh you have a 19? Never mind. It’s a piece of cake. I put the new style on mine and then had to adjust it myself. You can literally adjust it by hand, just make sure the nut is loosened. Super easy.
Great! Thank you for the information.

OP
OP
C

Crush14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can’t seem to loosen the nut at all. What did y’all have to do?