Drag wheel ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That be fun :D

Get to the track and post up some times, I need to head out and see what my new setup will do with the new cam and hopefully slicks here soon.

Well the local track(little river dragway) ended the season last week for some reason so I might have to go to the track about 2 hours away(san antonio dragway) to get some times. Hopefully I can get some traction with this truck, probably gonna have to buy some sand bags or something for the bed. Well if you have cam and slicks then I'm screwed

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You will just have to prac launching it and play with your air pressures. You might have the feather then go WOT also just depends.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Thats what I have to do, feather it on launches with the street tires on or I do this

[yt]v9Rz-GyUB_A[/yt]

Not my proudest moment, first run with the new TC and headers, run was also on a poorly prepped track and I had my worn 275/55/20's on so traction was tough to get.

Now with the 305's on there its better and I can hit it a little bit harder but still gotta feather the launch. Cant wait for some DR's or slicks.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Hahahah mine did the same thing my last run. My trans is jacked though... actualy think the converter is jacked but non the less its sluggish as hell. Went from not hitting hard 1 pass so I got on it hard and had a slip n slide on the next one with issues getting into second.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
That was the first run of the season last year, first run with the new stuff so it was slippin and sliding, the next run was a 14.8 though with the feathered launch so it wasnt horrible just had to get the launch down.

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
This year should be better, with the new cam and hopefullly new tires it should be lots of fun when we do end up making it out there.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have major traction problems as it is. I pulled out of the school parking lot and my tires were spinning while my truck was jumping, not sure why the jumping though

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
wheel hop? be careful with that...could easily damage a diff with wheel hop...

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I don't understand how the hell you have wheelhop with the different suspension in the rear? I thought that was just a leaf spring thing not for coils with a link setup?

edit: the fact that you were spinning the tires completely explains why you are getting 14mpg like you were saying in that other thread in the lounge.... lol

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't understand how the hell you have wheelhop with the different suspension in the rear? I thought that was just a leaf spring thing not for coils with a link setup?

edit: the fact that you were spinning the tires completely explains why you are getting 14mpg like you were saying in that other thread in the lounge.... lol

Wheel hop can happen with any suspension setup, whether it be coil or leaf, solid rear or independent rear. And yeah, my lead foot doesn't help any with mpg

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Wheel hop can happen with any suspension setup, whether it be coil or leaf, solid rear or independent rear. And yeah, my lead foot doesn't help any with mpg

I figured if anything, at least the traction control crap would try and at least limit that to some extent?

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
It does limit it by cutting power, grrr

Just talking about that truck even if we are mentioning a bad thing about it is making me drool lol, I wanna see a vid sometime if possible :D

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just talking about that truck even if we are mentioning a bad thing about it is making me drool lol, I wanna see a vid sometime if possible :D

I'll try to get some video of doing burnouts in the school parking lot and pictures of ones I've already done too. And some burnouts at the lake. Anything else in the video?

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I'll try to get some video of doing burnouts in the school parking lot and pictures of ones I've already done too. And some burnouts at the lake. Anything else in the video?

Lol I'm not so concerned about burnouts as I am with pure power, do some burnouts but I am more interested in seeing like an in cab vid of 0-60, 0-100, and stuff like that. Just be sure to keep it safe man, I hate to see that in a news article wrapped around a tree or something. I used to think I was hot **** driver and that is why my front bumper is dented.....

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol I'm not so concerned about burnouts as I am with pure power, do some burnouts but I am more interested in seeing like an in cab vid of 0-60, 0-100, and stuff like that. Just be sure to keep it safe man, I hate to see that in a news article wrapped around a tree or something. I used to think I was hot **** driver and that is why my front bumper is dented.....

I can get some power videos. You'll be surprised by how quick this gets to 60 and how quick it gets to 115(speed limiter). I think 0-60 is about 200 feet give or take and 0-115 is less than a mile

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I can get some power videos. You'll be surprised by how quick this gets to 60 and how quick it gets to 115(speed limiter). I think 0-60 is about 200 feet give or take and 0-115 is less than a mile

Those are some pretty incredible numbers man, I'm getting anxious.... :drool:

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are some pretty incredible numbers man, I'm getting anxious.... :drool:

I'll try to get some videos during lunch tomorrow. Might be crappy though cause balancing the phone and driving the truck at high speeds with cross winds and not trying to wreck=tricky

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I'll try to get some videos during lunch tomorrow. Might be crappy though cause balancing the phone and driving the truck at high speeds with cross winds and not trying to wreck=tricky

Ok man, have a buddy stand outside and record you haulin ass by too. Like just be cruisin along like 30-40 and then mash it before you pass the camera, it will sound sexy and you'll look like a badass lol