Dumbfounded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In order for this to be a "scam" both FCA and the dealer would have to be in cahoots about it.

Clearly, FCA pays the rebate, not the dealer. So there is no incentive to the dealer (who is the only point of contact) to withdraw a rebate UNLESS they are going to somehow profit thereby (FCA, "If you can nullify a rebate we'll give you X% of what you saved us")

Yeah, I just don't see that happening.

OtterOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perhaps post it on a Google review to try and see if other customers say the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
I came to an agreement to purchase but I was having the dealer do some add ons and I was going to have to make an overnight trip to take delivery, so in good faith, I overnighted a check for the full purchase price with the agreement they would proceed with the add ons but the check wouldn’t be deposited until I took delivery.

In the week between sending the check and taking delivery I sold the 03. One of the rebates available at the time was the $1,000.00 “loyalty” rebate. Seven weeks after I took delivery of a 100% cash purchase I get a call from the dealer telling me FCA rejected the Loyalty rebate b/c I didn’t own a truck on the day I signed the final purchase papers. They wanted me to pay them another $1,000.00. I told them I needed that in writing. 24 hours later they call and say they got FCA to roll over and allow the rebate.

I’m truly not sure how I should feel about this episode. Was the dealer trying to pull something or were they really a hero and got FCA to do the right thing? Either way, I was never going to cut a check for the $1,000.00. I have an itemized bill of sale that doesn’t have the loyalty rebate listed as part of the discounts.

My dealer made it clear before I ordered and when I ordered that rebates and incentives in effect WHEN I PHYSICALLY TAKE DELIVERY will be applicable to my purchase. That said, I have no intention of giving them one cent more than the deposit I already put on the order before they hand me the keys to a vehicle that matches what I ordered with no issues to resolve.

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Always remember that dealers are crooks. They'll do anything to swindle you and they dont give a **** about you. They'll test there limits to see how dumb the person is they are trying to make a sale with and make as much money from you as they can.