E-torque and Aftermarket Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CNYBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Getting ready to upgrade soon and I'm on the fence about the etorque. I love the setup on my 16 Ram with the Carven muffler and will be doing it again to my next Ram. I'm a little concerned I may grow to dislike the etorque system. Is the shutdown/startup of the engine at every stoplight and mid acceleration very noticeable? The louder exhaust has led me to dislike the MDS system to the point I religiously turn it off everytime I get in my truck. Am I going to feel the same way about the etorque?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I disable the stop/start every time I start my truck up. You won't notice any difference in the exhaust sound with or without etorque. I'm with you on MDS though. I haven't upgraded the exhaust on my new truck yet, so I let MDS do it's thing. On my previous two trucks I could tell when MDS engaged, even with stock exhaust. But I can't tell with my new truck.