Eibach 2.75 lift coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Quick thought. When that eibach kit shows up can you measure the length of the front and rear coils please.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey Hodge, I just ordered the 2.75 front coils and struts separately as I already have the Eibach 1" lift coils in the rear. But I will definitely measure the fronts when they arrive and post

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hey Hodge, I just ordered the 2.75 front coils and struts separately as I already have the Eibach 1" lift coils in the rear. But I will definitely measure the fronts when they arrive and post
Thanks! Once I see how bad the dealer is gonna run me over the coals for my axle rebuild im gonna start planning for a suspension rehash. Looking at falcon setup paired with eibach coils....but we'll see what happens.

Have you loaded those eibach rear coils with any weight?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Once I see how bad the dealer is gonna run me over the coals for my axle rebuild im gonna start planning for a suspension rehash. Looking at falcon setup paired with eibach coils....but we'll see what happens.

Not sure if the rear coils are the same. I’ve put a few hundred pounds in the back of my truck and only squatted 1/2”. I ride with my spare in the bed. Was moving furniture and a refrigerator and had a small trailer.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Not sure if the rear coils are the same. I’ve put a few hundred pounds in the back of my truck and only squatted 1/2”. I ride with my spare in the bed. Was moving furniture and a refrigerator and had a small trailer.
I backtracked a bit and didn't see rear coils listed in the old threads. The new front coils are indeed different so ill see how lee makes out with them.

It'll be these or the old man emu coils, I want to get ride of these coil spacers. Supposedly these are 10% stiffer, which would be about a 220lb rate, same as the ome light coils. These bilsteins are actually a bit too soft for me.

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel

I've towed a 28 TT at about 7500 lbs and everything was great but I have Timber Grove bags so they make a huge difference

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I've towed a 28 TT at about 7500 lbs and everything was great but I have Timber Grove bags so they make a huge difference
Yea I'm trying to avoid air bags if possible. I had them when I first got the truck and wasn't a huge fan. From what I have read, it seems like those old man emu rear coils will be my best bet. Once you get your eibach stuff and measure it I'll know for sure which way I'll go for front coils as well.

I'm in this truck for the long haul after my rear end rebuild (ongoing) so i may as well drop some more money into it lol

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If this is helpful to anyone I took a photo of my RCSB with Eibach coils front and rear, and about 650 lbs of yard waste if the uncertified scale at the city transfer station means anything.

way.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I can't remember from previous posts regarding this setup, was 17.75 inches the right length?
I back tracked and can't find the length either. Far as I can tell 15" should be stock length on a strut.

Old Man Emu contacted me back and their lengths are for roughly 1.5" lift with a slightly higher rate coil and their lengths are 16.3" for the light duty coils. So 17.75 sounds like that's a ballpark thst should be right.

Fingers crossed for you so you don't have to rip it apart a bunch!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I can't remember from previous posts regarding this setup, was 17.75 inches the right length?
That is the correct length when Mike had that issue 2 years ago with the bad run the replacement springs were 17 5/8” so you should be good to go. But @hodge-xj is from Jersey so he can only read mm you’re going to have to convert that measurement ;)

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Stock is 15 1/4 the bad run of eibach was 16 1/2 the correct size is 17 3/4 is the length you want. For clarification

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
That is the correct length when Mike had that issue 2 years ago with the bad run the replacement springs were 17 5/8” so you should be good to go. But @hodge-xj is from Jersey so he can only read mm you’re going to have to convert that measurement ;)
You have no idea how hard it is! My eyes usually cross before I get it figured out [emoji854]

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Any word on how much difference the ride quality is with 1st and 2nd setting? I'm going to try the 3.5" first as I have a good set of UCA's that can take the angles. Being an Ecodiesel I have a good rake so if I can achieve anything between 3 and 3.5 she'll be bang on for level with just a 1\4 inch or so in the rear. I just installed a PA 3 inch body lift yesterday as well so it'll be a whole new look me thinks!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any word on how much difference the ride quality is with 1st and 2nd setting? I'm going to try the 3.5" first as I have a good set of UCA's that can take the angles. Being an Ecodiesel I have a good rake so if I can achieve anything between 3 and 3.5 she'll be bang on for level with just a 1\4 inch or so in the rear. I just installed a PA 3 inch body lift yesterday as well so it'll be a whole new look me thinks!
Even though mines a hemi... I have the eibach and 5100 at the 0 setting and moved it to the middle clip and the ride felt the same between both. Although we know the springs are different for your eco so I cannot attest to how your truck will ride compared to mine