The time has come, zone or bds lift 4"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
View attachment 537989

This is mine on stock tires and rims. Zone 6" with their UCA's. Front is 5", rear is 3". About 1" of rake.

Drives better then stock and looks great IMHO.

I was in the same boat you're in with lifts. I.E. brands, height, shocks, additional accessories. I have a multi page thread in here if you want to take a look at that. I don't know how to attach it though.

@Quick_Shifter did the install and answered my seemingly endless amount of questions and bought the package from @Nick@GotExhaust.

Good luck with your search.
I bet I could give you a run for your money on endless questions for Quick_Shifter & Nick, surprised they didn’t end up blocking me!

Attachments

• IMG_9569.jpeg
    IMG_9569.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
minotto

minotto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
View attachment 537989

Questo è il mio su pneumatici e cerchi di serie. Zona 6" con i loro UCA. La parte anteriore è 5", la parte posteriore è 3". Circa 1" di rastrello.

Marcia meglio dell'originale e ha un bell'aspetto, secondo me.

Ero nella tua stessa barca con gli ascensori. Marche IE, altezza, ammortizzatori, accessori aggiuntivi. Ho un thread di più pagine qui se vuoi dargli un'occhiata. Non so però come allegarlo.

@Quick_Shifter ha eseguito l'installazione, ha risposto alla mia quantità apparentemente infinita di domande e ha acquistato il pacchetto da @Nick@GotExhaust.

Buona fortuna con la tua ricerca.

Did you have 35s sir ?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
for the 2.5's you can get a set that will work in the 4" kit but you will want to keep the spacers and run the 2.5's for the "stock" height. If you go with the 6" kit you can either do the 2.5's for stock height or remove the spacers from the lift and run the 2.5's for 6" kits to have a full length coil over.

Message me and we can discuss options and pricing

OP
OP
minotto

minotto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
for the 2.5's you can get a set that will work in the 4" kit but you will want to keep the spacers and run the 2.5's for the "stock" height. If you go with the 6" kit you can either do the 2.5's for stock height or remove the spacers from the lift and run the 2.5's for 6" kits to have a full length coil over.

Message me and we can discuss options and pricing
Hi Nick, so I should buy the 6" zond40 kit which has the 3" rear springs and replace the front strut spacers with the fox 2.5" adjusted up to 5" (the 4" "stock" height of the fox 2.5 with code 883 -06-073 + 1" of extension of the 2 total that these shocks offer) to have a perfectly leveled truck. I think my truck have 2" rack but i understood that i can set till 6" fox 2.5 ....right ?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes that would work. To be clear the front lift will vary depending on options, accessories, etc...which all increases weight. Luckily once installed if it does not sit perfectly level you can adjust it to it the way you like.

Message me if you would like a quote

Moe70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is my 2021 with the BDS 4” kit. Installed by AK Trucks in PA. The only guy I would trust to do something like this to my truck. The ride is awesome.
IMG_5520.jpegIMG_5523.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5521.jpeg
    IMG_5521.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 11

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
I preferred to open a new thread to get more direct advice and choose my definitive setup.

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie with 3.21 gears 5.7 hemi that currently has 20" wheels with 275/60r20 tires.

I have the 1" Eibach springs at the rear and 2.25" at the front installed on the Bilstein 5100 set to 0. Ok, it's fine but it doesn't satisfy me anymore!!

I decided to redo the look of my truck and I want to fit a kit with 3" springs at the rear and the Fox 2.5 DSCs at the front set for a total of 5" (4"+ 1")

The zone kit costs around $1670 with fox 2.0 adventures rear and 3" springs

The bds kit costs around $2600 with fox 2.0 performance rear and 3" springs

The fox 2.5 dsc with code 883-06-073 are 4" longer than the stocks and offer an additional 2" of adjustable lift by screwing or unscrewing the collar with the thread (price around $2200) therefore setting the front of the truck to 5" I should completely eliminate the rake and have a perfect level.

Can I combine these fox 2.5 with both kits which basically offer the same components?

Is Bds worth $900 more?

There is no option on zone or bds to match the adjustable fox 2.5 dsc so I will have to buy them separately.

I was also thinking about getting just the zone kit without the fox 2.0 for $1370 and investing another 1500" for the fox 2.5 dsc on the rear too.

Is worth ? For the rear, would there be much difference between the adjustable fox 2.0 and fox 2.5 dsc?

To recap the options

Option 1- 4" Zone Kit with fox 2.0 adventure at $1670 + adjustable fox 2.5 dsc $2200 = $3870

Option 2 - 4" Bds kit with fox 2.0 performance at 2600" + adjustable fox 2.5 dsc $2200 = $4800

Option 3 - Zone 4" kit without shock $1447 + fox 2.5 dsc front $2200 + fox 2.5 dsc rear $1500 = $5147

I want to run with my 33" wheels at the beginning and only after they have worn out move to 35".

Considering that I live in Italy and will have to order everything online, can you advise me if the setup I chose is valid and which brand to choose?

I'm sure I'll put the 2.5 in the front but as I don't do offroad and drive most of the time on the motorway and in the city, perhaps for the rear installing the Fox 2.0 might also be sufficient.

I await your feedback, please help me with this build.

Thanks and greetings from Italy
Carli Suspension has a thoroughly engineered system for your truck. Pricey but it's the best in the business. I don't see if your truck is 2wd or 4wd? https://www.carlisuspension.com/ram-1500/2009-17/

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Carli Suspension has a thoroughly engineered system for your truck. Pricey but it's the best in the business. I don't see if your truck is 2wd or 4wd? https://www.carlisuspension.com/ram-1500/2009-17/
Carli doesn’t do lift kits like the op is wanting, they do suspension systems. And IMO Carli isn’t the best option for half tons anyways, it’s the 2500s and up where they really shine.

Yeti15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don’t know about zone but I do know that Fox owns BDS. For the price difference your getting something similar to Fox themselves.

If you can afford Fox though I’d go that way. Have them on my 15 and it’s a game charger

Source - best friend is the engineer for Fox in charge of all OEM applications and developed the new Raptor shocks.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Zone and BDS are owned by Fox. Yes it’s all one company but they are not compatible. BDS comes with the performance series Fox shocks, stainless brake lines and more ground clearance. It’s beautiful to see 3-4 of the trucks I’ve personally done above but the long and short of it is. Many of the trucks I do I incorporate all the bonus options that BDS comes with. Think of it this was if BDS is in the budget that is the road to take. Zone is the budget friendly option that will leave room to upgrade over time. @Nick@GotExhaust has these packages available called the quick_shifter packages that offer everything from the one and done to the base kit and upgrade over time

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I bet I could give you a run for your money on endless questions for Quick_Shifter & Nick, surprised they didn’t end up blocking me!
You’re not alone……

ProsperRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (eTourqe)
i always considered a body lift a short cut
but who knows, the OP might find it acceptable
I had a body lift on a 2002 F150. it worked well. I got thr look i wanted and the stock ride was maintained. If you are going for looks, a body lift is a great option.

Last edited: