Electrical plug identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Hey guys/gals,
While crawling under my dash yesterday to install my AEV Procal SNAP I noticed a plug that wasn't plugged into anything. Probably a diagnostic thing-a-mah-jig but figured i'd ask incase my truck was built on a Friday and the assembler was thinking of happy hour.

My truck is a '19 Powerwagon
Anyone know what this should go to or if it's just supposed to be hanging out not plugged into anything? (Located under the drivers side dash near the OBD port)

tSYmdarh.jpg

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Do you have a factory installed brake controller?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys/gals,
While crawling under my dash yesterday to install my AEV Procal SNAP I noticed a plug that wasn't plugged into anything. Probably a diagnostic thing-a-mah-jig but figured i'd ask incase my truck was built on a Friday and the assembler was thinking of happy hour.

My truck is a '19 Powerwagon
Anyone know what this should go to or if it's just supposed to be hanging out not plugged into anything? (Located under the drivers side dash near the OBD port)

tSYmdarh.jpg
The connector for the inverter switch when equipped.

OP
OP
Bahn112

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Thanks! You wouldn't know what/where that should plug into would you? I looked under there and it's just a mess of stuff and i'm not quite sure what i'm looking at.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks! You wouldn't know what/where that should plug into would you? I looked under there and it's just a mess of stuff and i'm not quite sure what i'm looking at.
You wouldn’t have the switch itself. It is for the power outlet inside the driver side ram box if equipped.

OP
OP
Bahn112

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
You wouldn’t have the switch itself. It is for the power outlet inside the driver side ram box if equipped.

Ahhh, gotcha. I thought it was for the inverters in the cab.
Totally makes sense!
Thanks!

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad y’all got it figured out! Ran into a similar issue when I removed my 12” inch screen.
I pulled it to install some other accessories and had a unplugged connector that I didn’t unplug. After searching for a few minutes I decided it was an extra for some option my truck didn’t have. Put everything back together and all was good.