Employee Pricing on New Order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffwhip

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram
Engine
Hemi
I was wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to order a new truck and still get all the discounts? I’ve seen many 2019 trucks selling for around 22%-23% off of MSRP. I want to take advantage of the deep discount but want the specific truck I want.

OP
OP
J

jeffwhip

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram
Engine
Hemi
Does that mean I could order a vehicle during the promo? Or is the promo in essence only for the vehicles on the lot?

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The way it has worked for me is you get the promos at the time you take delivery of the truck. Sometimes you hit it right, sometimes not. Good luck.

Red

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As others have stated, you can order but the deal is made when you take delivery. And only whatever deals are in effect AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY will be applied. So a little bit of a roll of the dice.

For me, that risk is well worth it. It's bad enough that I can't special order the exact options I want (just one case in point - you can't get power retractable running boards unless you get the E-Torque engine). No way I am going to find a truck on the lot with all my options ticked. I haven't run the math but I would bet that there is not another truck out there that has every single option that mine does. Not that it's fully loaded - just that it has exactly what I want.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When I ordered my 2020 2500, the dealer told me that I'll get whatever promos are in effect when I pick up and pay for the truck.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
When I ordered last, I got the current promos. The dealer said if the promos were better at delivery, I would get them.

In the great lakes marketing region, employee pricing is on 2019 inventory only.

19Jake

♕ REBEL LIFE ♕
Reaction score
Ram Year
'19 Rebel 12 HK
Engine
shoot for a 25% discount :pp:
IMG_2914.JPG

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In the great lakes marketing region, employee pricing is on 2019 inventory only.

My truck arrived at the dealer almost 2 weeks before the '20 EP pricing was reported to be going into effect (private info - wasn't released to the public, as far as I know). So my plan was to pick up the truck the day the pricing became effective. But, I went on the RAM website first thing in the AM to make sure it went through, and it was only showing it on the 19s.

When I got there, the salesman said he checked the price with trepidation that morning, and saw that it DID go through. So must be is a regional thing and therefore the main website doesn't show it. Saved me over $3000 to wait the extra 12 days.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Ok so with all the bad information in here, time for me to step in and help.

Contrary to previous posters, their dealers were wrong. There is a thing called sold order protection. This means you get to lock in to the rebate programs when you order your vehicle. Then, if the rebates get better, you take advantage of the new ones. But if they get worse, you’re locked in to the programs that were in place when you ordered it. Essentially, your price can only get better or stay the same, it can’t get worse.

Now, employee pricing throws a wrench into things, since it isn’t a rebate. It’s a discount program that is not sold order protected. So in short, nothing I posted above applies to the employee pricing program, it’s only for in stock vehicles and expires the end of the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007