Engine bad in my 2015 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaneMaxwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am so sad. The mechanic said my engine is bad in my 2015 Ram.
He said… I didn’t drive it long enough fast enough to open the valves and they are stuck shut? Something like that. It won’t pass inspection. He suggested I get rid of it. But I love it. My husband bought it for me before he passed…
I’m just so sad about it. I can’t imagine driving anything else.. I’m very attached. Has anyone heard of this? I cannot afford a new engine I can barely afford to put gas in it.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
If you could share more information, I am certain you might get more replies. A stuck valve is one thing, a valve that stuck and hit a piston is another. Could you share more details if they are available

OP
OP
JaneMaxwell

JaneMaxwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am sorry, I was trying to remember what he said. I’ll look for the papers and see if more information is in them.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
X2 on second opinion, sounds like your husband took care of it, first thing to do is a compression test to see what condition the engine is in and what are the symptom's.?