Engine Noise on startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elchoche23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Guys,

Have a noise on my Hemi with 3500 miles. Took it to the dealer at 1200 miles or so since I heard this noise. I was told it could be the exhaust bolts but none were changed since the problem could not be replicated; also, the technician advised that the lifter noise was normal for the Hemi. The receipt also states this.

I changed the oil to synthetic at 2500 miles just for good measure. All work has been done at the dealer. I'm uploading a video at this link:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agrf6iPwGh6_g7Q6loocZBhna81fdg

I really love this truck and want to figure this out. Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to Hemi tick, do a search there is a new case weekly here. Use "search titles" hemi tick and read up. If you have a question past that PM me, many of us have solved it with high moly oil. I love this truck as well, but like you had that tick but much worse almost since new.

OP
OP
E

elchoche23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to Hemi tick, do a search there is a new case weekly here. Use "search titles" hemi tick and read up. If you have a question past that PM me, many of us have solved it with high moly oil. I love this truck as well, but like you had that tick but much worse almost since new.

Thank you.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 17 with 6k does the samething. I'm not a happy camper that's for sure.

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man that ain't right. Although.. I had a 2001 Dakota with a 4.7 that did same thing. Went away shortly after startup. Did it from brand new up until this Jan when I traded it on my Longhorn. Dakota had 90k when I traded it. I used nothing but Mobil 1 in that truck. Ran like a champ.

OP
OP
E

elchoche23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man that ain't right. Although.. I had a 2001 Dakota with a 4.7 that did same thing. Went away shortly after startup. Did it from brand new up until this Jan when I traded it on my Longhorn. Dakota had 90k when I traded it. I used nothing but Mobil 1 in that truck. Ran like a champ.

So im guessing this noise is not specific to hemis???

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
elchoche do a search in the forum, Hemi Tick. The world is at your finger tips.

Read

It appears to me you have dry lifters at startup. Moly can cure that, it takes about 500 miles of using a high moly oil and that will go away. Read on moly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

elchoche23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
elchoche do a search in the forum, Hemi Tick. The world is at your finger tips.

Read

It appears to me you have dry lifters at startup. Moly can cure that, it takes about 500 miles of using a high moly oil and that will go away. Read on moly.

Thank you. I came across that post earlier within the links. I appreciate your help and advice. Had never heard of that type of oil. Will do. Thanks.