Error code P 0 642

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerry iranian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any one can help 2 mechanic even can not find my problem . 1 say maybe is wiring other said change complete harness any way i have video but i couldn't post to show how is ruining

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2
  • download.png
    download.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 1

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any one can help 2 mechanic even can not find my problem . 1 say maybe is wiring other said change complete harness any way i have video but i couldn't post to show how is ruining
You need someone with a good scanner to scan the truck from what I can tell they are all voltage codes Have you tested battery and alternator/cleaned battery connections? Does the truck have any symptoms whats it doing?

OP
OP
J

jerry iranian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thank you for respond . 1 yes two mechanic have good and professional scanner and said low voltage . they check everything and no one find where is the problem . i hope could sent video to see what happen . any way i have this truck for few month and used for hunting . no problem any where . last month i was 500 km out of city was first time happens . if engine is cold no problem after 30 minutes drive in city start to turn off with low speed . and power red light coming on . I should turn of the key and turn on is fine until i go slow in highway no problem when you push the gas run good if i can send short video i take 2 days ago is telling you alldownload.jpgdownload.png

Last edited:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would re test alternator if you have a volt meter should be 13-14volts at battery when running also have the battery load tested and find a new mechanic if they where not able to figure a simple issue like this out..

OP
OP
J

jerry iranian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i test alternator and charging is 12.7 and when is run is 14 plus