EVAP CEL - need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skibender

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7l engine. Has a CEL for EVAP leak so I've been looking at info in the service manual. Crawled under the truck tonight to look at the Natural Vacuum Leak Detection Assembly (NVLDA) and noticed the following problems:
1)The wires for the plug are corroded so I will attempt to replace. Unsure if I can just buy a plug or not.
2) None of the hoses have clamps so I will add hose clamps.
3) The one I have a question about - the hose that goes from the NVLDA filter to the engine bay is not hooked up to anything. Looks like someone capped the end off that goes to the engine. I've attached a photo of the hose from the filter I'm referencing. Where does this hose go to in the engine bay? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Evap.jpg

OP
OP
S

skibender

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No one knows where this hose terminates in the engine bay? Or was my post confusing with the description or photo? I can take another photo or try to explain better if you all would think that would help. The photo I posted is under drivers side right in front of fuel tank. The hose goes to the EVAP canister to the left of the photo. Just not sure where the other end goes in the engine bay as mine goes towards the firewall and is capped off. Unsure if that is normal or if previous owner did this.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hope this helps3ebc50dc9003afbbf4fd62d0f78b1d0c.jpg

Only found this so far.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

skibender

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The EVAP canister vent is the part I'm questioning. Could someone take a photo of this vent? Mine just seems to be capped off. I appreciate any assistance.