Need some exhaust help... please be patient

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebel_yves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,

I'm sure some eyes will roll and people might tear me a new one for this but here goes lol

I have a 2018 ram rebel 5.7

I'm just now learning about mods and I need some help when it comes to exhaust systems. Can someone please dumb it down a bit for me? I would like to switch things up in order to hear the roar of the v8.

I'm thinking ideally I would do a cat back system but I've also read that a cost friendly option could be as simple as changing out the muffler. I know that I can hear the sounds on youtube but i'm wondering what to look for when I shop for a muffler? What makes one better then others other then the way it sounds?

What size would I be looking for? 3 inch in and 2.5inch out? Where can I find the info for my truck?

Thank you to anyone who has the patience to read through this and wants to offer some help.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer muffler kits that take the guess work out of it all. They bolt right in, no cutting or welding. To better answer your question, how much louder do you want it? Just a little louder, a lot louder, or the I hate my neighbors 3000?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Solo Mach40 is a very nice option for a muffler kit that will add some sound but not make the neighbors angry

The MBRP and Magnaflow is another great option. It is louder than the Mach40 but is still very tolerable.

If you would like a quote on any of these please message me your address or available US address for an accurate quote.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello everyone,

I'm sure some eyes will roll and people might tear me a new one for this but here goes lol

I have a 2018 ram rebel 5.7

I'm just now learning about mods and I need some help when it comes to exhaust systems. Can someone please dumb it down a bit for me? I would like to switch things up in order to hear the roar of the v8.

I'm thinking ideally I would do a cat back system but I've also read that a cost friendly option could be as simple as changing out the muffler. I know that I can hear the sounds on youtube but i'm wondering what to look for when I shop for a muffler? What makes one better then others other then the way it sounds?

What size would I be looking for? 3 inch in and 2.5inch out? Where can I find the info for my truck?

Thank you to anyone who has the patience to read through this and wants to offer some help.
The stock exhaust is 3" in and 2.25" out if you have the factory dual pipes,the out is basically an oddball 2.25"

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^ This!

I have a Magnaflow cat back with 5" dual tips and the sound is fantastic.

Nice deep rumble, no drone on the highway, and just loud enough to know it's there without a neighbor lining up the red dot on ya ;)
Do the exhaust tips help with sound or just look cool ? Thanks

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
No problem! Pretty crazy that after all these years of the 4th gen in production there are still very few quality options for direct bolt on replacement tips.
Agreed.

I went to a custom performance exhaust shop where they had their own ones that are high quality SS that is shot peened and then powder coated black.

They cut off the Magnaflow tips and welded these on.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did Magnaflow and took out the resonators..real nice sound when you are sitting at idle or hit the gas yet no drone in the Crew cab at highway speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat