Excessive mirror vibration FIX!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
ever since I started using 2 Kicker CVX Dual VC Sub's in a Ported FoxBox with 1500Watts, My mirror shakes uncontrollably.

It has fallen off the mount, no matter how tight I put the set screw.

I have fixed that issue, by drilling a small hole in the steel pad on the glass, and using lock-tight.

In fact, lots of screws are vibrating loose, so I've gone through quite abit of lock-tight.

back to my main issue, When I'm bumping, my review mirror shacks violently. After a few sec's the mirror has aimed all the way down.

Is there an aniti-vibration kit on the market to control the shake? Maybe some kind of small shocks? Or maybe a different design of the ball joint on the mirror.

It just sucks, having to re align the mirror after a good bumping session.

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my mirror I just tightened the heck out of it and when I turn up my bass, 2 10" cvt kicker subs, but my ball joint on the mirror doesn't affect the angle but it does vibrate kinda violently. could you possible heat up the ball joint, then cool it pretty quickly making the ball expand and cool the socket?