Exhaust question for mega cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Im looking around for a new exhaust, possibly whole cat back. When I enter my vehicle info, ei. On magna flows website, it Only gives me the option for crew cab. If the crew cab cat back are going to be too short, am I **** out of like as to getting a bolt on cat back?

Thanks in advance.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wheel base is the same, hangers are the same, only the bed is shorter. You should be OK with a system marketed to CC owners.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What kit do you have in mind? I can see what will work for you

We would be glad to help with selecting a cat back and we offer discounts to all the members here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wheel base is the same, hangers are the same, only the bed is shorter. You should be OK with a system marketed to CC owners.

I don't think the bed is shorter on the mega cab, it's 6'4". My last 2500 was a crew cab, I used the same tonneau cover for this truck and last truck, it fit the same.

GotExhaust, I was looking at the MBRP. Wish Banks had one for us.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think the bed is shorter on the mega cab, it's 6'4". My last 2500 was a crew cab, I used the same tonneau cover for this truck and last truck, it fit the same.

GotExhaust, I was looking at the MBRP. Wish Banks had one for us.

stock location exit or duals? Also stainless steel? If you want a quote send me a message with your zip so I factor in shipping cost

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What you smoking mad dog? Care to share? Lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 2500
Maybe he meant the Crew Long Bed, it should be the same wheelbase as the Mega Short Bed.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maybe he meant the Crew Long Bed, it should be the same wheelbase as the Mega Short Bed.

I checked wheelbase for the 2500's;
crew cab long box: 169"
mega cab: 160"
crew cab short box: 149"

I'm still looking around. If anything, I'll get one made for the long bed and shorten it.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Check with some vendors around and ask them about it. Go to the Hot exhaust website. 19200 Magnaflow Mega Cab

Last edited:
OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Check with some vendors around and ask them about it. Go to the Hot exhaust website. 19200 Magnaflow Mega Cab

Cool thanks. Im working with Nick@gotexhaust. I'll check that one out.

EastWestHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
6.4 w/4.10s
If you look at the parts list on any of the online molar sites, the tailpipe and muffler are all the same parts no matter what truck you have, LWB, SWB, mega, crew, regular, etc. the muffler is also the same. The only thing that changes is the pipe between the cat and muffler, it is a different length on each model. I am hoping that a Gibson 616611 that has a description on crew cab, short bed will fit my crew long bed when it comes in this Saturday.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you look at the parts list on any of the online molar sites, the tailpipe and muffler are all the same parts no matter what truck you have, LWB, SWB, mega, crew, regular, etc. the muffler is also the same. The only thing that changes is the pipe between the cat and muffler, it is a different length on each model. I am hoping that a Gibson 616611 that has a description on crew cab, short bed will fit my crew long bed when it comes in this Saturday.

So im assuming the muffler (catback exhaust) starts at that pipe?

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So im assuming the muffler (catback exhaust) starts at that pipe?

I'd think it would start where the muffler was taken off. I always had an exhaust shop do a custom exhaust...way cheaper than buying a cat back. The prices I've seen on cat backs are ridiculous. I always had the Y pipe cut out and ran true dual's on all my trucks. The Y pipe on these trucks is crushed where it comes together. The exhaust shop even commented on it when I paid. I paid $290 for 2 Flowmaster Original 40 series and 2 pipes to the cats and then dumped in front of the axle.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just talked to a muffler shop near my house. They quoted me $220 for a flowmaster 50hd muffler swap, parts and labor. I think I'm going that route.

EastWestHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
6.4 w/4.10s
The pics of the Gibson and magnaflow cat backs look like they start at the muffler. I Am keeping my fingers crossed a Gibson fits a crew long bed, which was designed for a crew short bed. If it doesn't I'm sure I can figure out a way to trim the pipe between the cat and muffler down to make it fit.

It was a killer deal, $293 for the stainless 616611, hoping the drone isn't bad.

For the guys with cat backs... did your system tie into the mid pipes or the pipe between the mid pipes and muffler?

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The pics of the Gibson and magnaflow cat backs look like they start at the muffler. I Am keeping my fingers crossed a Gibson fits a crew long bed, which was designed for a crew short bed. If it doesn't I'm sure I can figure out a way to trim the pipe between the cat and muffler down to make it fit.

It was a killer deal, $293 for the stainless 616611, hoping the drone isn't bad.

For the guys with cat backs... did your system tie into the mid pipes or the pipe between the mid pipes and muffler?
You got a link to this killer deal?

EastWestHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
6.4 w/4.10s
It was on Amazon shipped from amazon, a couple days after New Years. It was marked at $320, watched for a couple days and it kept falling and stopped at $293. It was their last one, never seen anything like that before, I assume they wanted the warehouse space for something else and it had been sitting there for awhile..... their loss, my gain

EastWestHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
6.4 w/4.10s
Haha, the muffler has a dent in it and I can here crap floating around in the muffler. Wonder if they will send me a brand new one at the damaged one price. Thanks amazon, guess it was too good to be true

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Haha, the muffler has a dent in it and I can here crap floating around in the muffler. Wonder if they will send me a brand new one at the damaged one price. Thanks amazon, guess it was too good to be true
Send it back. Say it was damaged. They shouldn't adjust the price. Just choose exchange, item damaged.