Exhaust question for mega cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastWestHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
6.4 w/4.10s
From initial measurements, it looks like it will fit... in the five minutes I had to look at it when I got home from work today. I'm going to closely fit it up tomorrow and either send it back for exchange or refund if it doesn't work.

warlord829

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bosh in Wis. has Magna Flow bolt on for dual exhaust for approx. $250 .. Get 18" for best sound. Did mine in driveway.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I finally got the muffler install, Flowmaster 50HD. I don't think it's loud enough. It's definitely deeper in sound but reving it, it almost sounds stock, however, when the MDS is on, you can hear alittle bit of the drone. When I first started up the truck, i was expecting a nice loud rumble. I told the guy at the muffler shop that i'm leaning towards chopping off the resonator.

He told me leave it on (we had discussed earlier that I don't want it too loud becuase I tow and move my family around in it, don't want it obnoxious. My titan had the banks monster exhaust and no one would ride in it because it was so loud). He said drive it around for a few weeks, it will get alittle louder after it breaks in. If I still don't like it, he'll chop it off.

Will the drone get louder if I take the resonator off? I read that the resonator is to keep the drone down.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Try shifting to Manual shift mode. Bypass MDS. There will be Drone but not like with MDS engaged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500