Need input on 07 6.7 3500 mega cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Im new to this forum and would like input on various issues, I will try to keep it short but there is a lot to cover since 07. I am the original owner, there was several issues when new with check engine light and limp mode issues. The truck was in the shop more in the 1st year than me driving it. At one point Chrysler wanted to buy it back and I said NO, just fix it. I had put a lot of money in the truck getting it ready to pull a 40 foot 5th wheel so I just wanted it fixed. The truck has had 3 particulate filter changes, 2 turbos, about 4 sets of upper and lower ball joints. My latest issue is again the check engine light, the code reads P1011, fuel pump delivery pressure to low. Also, a little while later the over head started reading particulate filter 80 than 90% full.I was pulling a 5th wheel on the freeway, the regen process should of engaged but it didn't. We kept driving on the freeway because there was no performance issues and the check engine light was solid. We kept driving for about 50 miles and we pulled into a rest area for about 30 minutes and turned the truck off to gather our thoughts.Once we got back on the freeway, all of a sudden the overhead started reading regen in process, went from 90% full to 80 and then 70 and then regen complete. I just don't know what to think, we drove 300 mostly freeway back to our campgrounds in MI. without issue. I do love my truck, its in GREAT shape I took it to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong. They just cleared the code and sent me on my merry way.

1 more issue I would like help with, my truck interior smells like diesel fuel when stopped at a red light, I had the dealership look at the exhaust and no holes and all nuts and bolts are re torqued and tight, but I still get the smell at a stop. When moving I get nothing. I remember a while back all of a sudden while with a/c on high speed I started getting foam coming out of the vents for about a minute. Could now there be something not sealing and that is why I get a diesel fume smell when stopped ?? I welcome comments and suggestions, sorry for the long read.
Thank you in advance,
Bobby A

Dan983

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this model & 6.7. It had big problems with the DEF process. Always

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
So for the smell, is it diesel FUEL or diesel EXHAUST you are smelling?

You have fuel lines running right under your seat. May just want to fire it up and crawl underneath take a look/smell around if you haven't already.

Do you get the smell when you have the fan on and recirc door open? Closed?

More details please. Love a mystery.

OP
OP
B

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Oliver,
Yes I know it been quite some time since I have been hear. I appreciate you liking to solve mystery's. I think it all has something to do with the venting. I had a lot of foam come through the duck work vents and through the defrost vent up by the windshield. I think the foam helps seal the door and other areas from getting exhaust inside the cabin. If I shut the fan off, I do not get the smell but once I turn it on it will almost fume you out and I have to open the windows. Not sure if I switch to recirculate if it makes a hugh difference, maybe a little. Thank you for trying to solve this issue/mystery