Exhaust tailpipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360ci V8 Magnum
My tailpipe comes out the passenger behind the rear wheel, I want my exhaust to be a little bit louder. Would it affect it that much if I cut the pipe off and came out right in front of the rear wheel?

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you make sure the muffler is cut with it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No, not really, at least from the driver's seat. The sound exiting the pipe is still behind you.

If you mean the overall sound, it will change but not much. You can go with a more aggressive sounding muffler.

OP
OP
RedRamIt

RedRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360ci V8 Magnum
I was also considering just deleting the muffler and going with a straight pipe from the cat back, but that can be excessively loud sometimes. I was just wondering if shortening the overall length of the pipe would have much of a difference.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
it will change the sound a bit. give it a shot and see if its enough for you.

OP
OP
RedRamIt

RedRamIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360ci V8 Magnum
I'm really just looking for a unique look too, I thought about doing a y pipe out the back of the glasspack and dual it out the sides behind the wheels, but I think that would muffle the sound too much with all the extra pipe there.