Expensive Grocery Grabber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, new here, first post.
I've always been responsible and spent my money wisely and efficiently. Had a 2001 ram, plain jane, two wheel drive, nothing fancy other than the 318 magnum that i felt was a little overkill for my needs. SO....i have just got me a 2013 big horn! Fully fully loaded, spent extra money to put in the bils @2.1, through some kick ass agressive tires under it, and tinted the windows. WHY? .... cause i wanted to lol. Now, i stopped envying the others out there with awesome looking trucks, and i feel great getting groceries with a completely overkill truck, that i certainly dont need lol. Period.
Pictures coming soon...

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@boots, thanks for the input friend welcome to the forum to be honest this was just a rant i had but as youve probably read the other comments just know if you need to know something or want someones opinion you have come to the right place

Boots

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea thx, got ALOT of info here before my mods.
Thanks everyone!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
after driving my 2500 30 kilometers each way to work all week, i find it very unsettling to drive or even be in the wifes mazda cx5. it feels tiny and makes me feel very vulnerable.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I remember driving my fiance's 2011 avenger and we came to a stop and i looked up to a newer Ram 2500 cummins all i could think was "oh ****" compared to when i drive my truck im just see every thing as if i was standing ( im only 5'9)

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
after driving my 2500 30 kilometers each way to work all week, i find it very unsettling to drive or even be in the wifes mazda cx5. it feels tiny and makes me feel very vulnerable.
My mechanic lent me his Altima a couple weeks ago while they worked on my truck and I felt like if I hit a small bump that my ass might drag along the ground haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ledawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have always told my wife " A man don't feel like a man without a pickup truck". She now asks all the time do you still feel like a man? Well yes I do.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Ledawg, it the principal of the matter right? lol

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no need for a truck. But I wanted one so I bought one, which is the only justification I needed.

probably the only honest answer in this thread so far lol. The rest of you story-tellers could've probably used a honda civic and a utility trailer for your tales of "need" :naughty:

I have always told my wife " A man don't feel like a man without a pickup truck". She now asks all the time do you still feel like a man? Well yes I do.
I think the kids these days call that "oversharing"

Last edited:

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
People buy their vehicles for utility and for preference. You might buy a minivan to haul your ten kids around town, a truck to tow stuff, or a car for its mileage. You might buy a sports car for the speed, a fancy Mercedes for the prestige, or a used Geo Metro because you're cheap. We all have our reasons. No need to feel bad or remorse.

I tow my boat regularly and haul stuff all the time. I just helped neighbors move to their new house because I'm the only person they know with a truck. I like that. If I didn't have a cabin up north, go camping, and/or own a boat I would go back to driving a car in a heartbeat. Trucks are nice and I love my RAM, but I'd rather have something that gets really good mileage. I'm generally frugal though. Figure out what you are and you'll be happy.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an enlightening conversation with the guy who sold me my little urban cruiser grocery grabber recently. He said they get quite a few young 18 year girls over as foreign students with rich daddies back home buying them $100k loaded Ford Raptors. We figured that since they obviously don't need that much vehicle that they're doing it because being surrounded by all that truck makes them feel safe and secure.

Ergo, all you grown men who drive pickups but don't actually need to do anything trucky with them are really just frightened 18 year old girls in a man's body who need to feel safe. If you added a lift on top of that, every inch of lift is a direct reflection of your fear factor :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I get flack at work all the time that my truck isn't a truck. ( it's always clean ). I rarely have anything in the bed and don't tow very often. But the convenience of having the bed is great. I laugh when the same guys who say my truck I isn't a truck try to figure out how to get a sheet of plywood home in their cars and often say " and you wonder why I have a truck ".

Most newer trucks are more car like now days anyway. Your not alone

or they ask to borrow your truck.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get flack at work all the time that my truck isn't a truck. ( it's always clean ). I rarely have anything in the bed and don't tow very often. But the convenience of having the bed is great. I laugh when the same guys who say my truck I isn't a truck try to figure out how to get a sheet of plywood home in their cars and often say " and you wonder why I have a truck ".

6_X_10_ALL_PURPOSE_2.JPG

:happy107:

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had an enlightening conversation with the guy who sold me my little urban cruiser grocery grabber recently. He said they get quite a few young 18 year girls over as foreign students with rich daddies back home buying them $100k loaded Ford Raptors. We figured that since they obviously don't need that much vehicle that they're doing it because being surrounded by all that truck makes them feel safe and secure.

Ergo, all you grown men who drive pickups but don't actually need to do anything trucky with them are really just frightened 18 year old girls in a man's body who need to feel safe. If you added a lift on top of that, every inch of lift is a direct reflection of your fear factor :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

WRONG, every inch of lift is a direct relation to ***** size.. everyone knows this.

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You can't throw a brick in Southwest Asia (ex. Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc.) without hitting a Yukon, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, etc. The "haves" do it because it's a status symbol.

Pretty much everyone with any amount of affluence (regardless of age, gender, etc.) drives a full size American made vehicle over there. The exception being people that opt to go with European exotic cars or American muscle cars.

That goes for when their kids come over here too. You're talking about people that have so much money that dropping $100k on a vehicle is like you or I running to Wendy's and getting a junior bacon cheeseburger. You or I might be like "damn," but they're like "meh...here's $100k...go get a vehicle."

That is definitely NOT the majority of people though. The average person in that region doesn't have a pot to **** in.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't throw a brick in Southwest Asia (ex. Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc.) without hitting a Yukon, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, etc. The "haves" do it because it's a status symbol.

Pretty much everyone with any amount of affluence (regardless of age, gender, etc.) drives a full size American made vehicle over there. The exception being people that opt to go with European exotic cars or American muscle cars.

That goes for when their kids come over here too. You're talking about people that have so much money that dropping $100k on a vehicle is like you or I running to Wendy's and getting a junior bacon cheeseburger. You or I might be like "damn," but they're like "meh...here's $100k...go get a vehicle."

That is definitely NOT the majority of people though. The average person in that region doesn't have a pot to **** in.

I wonder if they'll adopt a 48 year old....:)

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if they'll adopt a 48 year old....:)

No kidding. I'd be willing to be their Ollie Williams ('Family Guy' reference) for a fee. You know...keep them up to date on how things are going for them. "You've got a $h1t ton of dough!" lol.