f150 5.0 vs ram1500 hemi vs 3.5 EcoBoost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That can't be a stock Ram/hemi beating a 3.5 ecoboost, something wrong in that test. Every other comparison done by professional outlets show the EB running away from the hemi. It's usually a good half to 1 second slower.

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not a chance the hemi can keep up with either the 5.0 or Ecoboost stock for stock.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yep, nobody beats Ford in a numbers game. They have the best specs on paper, it's a fact in black and white.

Yet I bought my Ram anyway because there is more to a truck than 0 to 60, payload numbers, and towing numbers. The subjective parts: looks, ride, comfort, reliability, and of course purchase price ... those are harder to evaluate and define, and are what brought me to Ram.

I won't turn down more power, but given all I look for in a truck, 0 to 60 is way down the list of important parts.

The only interesting thing from Ford these days is that onboard 7k watt generator, I'd find that very usefull in a Ram and I hope its copied soon.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! That Ram must have been a factory freak. I've never seen a stock one that quick.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Yep, nobody beats Ford in a numbers game. They have the best specs on paper, it's a fact in black and white.

Yet I bought my Ram anyway because there is more to a truck than 0 to 60, payload numbers, and towing numbers. The subjective parts: looks, ride, comfort, reliability, and of course purchase price ... those are harder to evaluate and define, and are what brought me to Ram.

I won't turn down more power, but given all I look for in a truck, 0 to 60 is way down the list of important parts.

The only interesting thing from Ford these days is that onboard 7k watt generator, I'd find that very usefull in a Ram and I hope its copied soon.
This!!
The last thing on my must have list is speed, I use my truck as a truck, period.