Fabtech or BDS Coilover kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phillip Southern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So on Dec 19th 2020, I purchased the BDS 6” coilover lift kit with the fox 2.5 adjustable shocks and the upgraded UCA’s. I STILL don’t have it more than 3 months later. I contacted BDS and they say they have had most of the kit for weeks now and are just waiting on fox to get them the shocks. Fox has no clue when they will get the shocks in, I’m over waiting this long! So I’m thinking of going with the Fabtech 6” coil over kit. Does anyone have any experience with the fabtech lift? I’m putting it on my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 (No Air Ride). Thanks in advance y’all!!!!

OP
OP
P

Phillip Southern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Fabtech 6" Performance lift kit

Here is the thread for it on my truck. I love it. If you haven't purchased it yet, get with Nick@GotExhaust for the best price. He beat everyone's price I could find when I did mine.

My problem is I can’t even get the lift kit. BDS tells me fox is so backed up on their supply they don’t even have a time estimate after waiting 3 months.

OP
OP
P

Phillip Southern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ugh!! That sucks man! Did you check with Nick on here? He may have some ideas for you.

You may want to check this thread out before you purchase the BDS lift.

BDS UCA issues with BDS 6" lift 5th gen RAM 1500

Wow! That is disgusting that BDS won’t standby the UCA failures. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise that I’m switching to Fabtech‍♂️ Plus mine is a street princess anyway, my daily driver so I won’t be doing too much off-roading with it.

I was really turned off when the rep at BDS didn’t give a damn either, “Well we’ve had people waiting for more than a year” was his response. Waiting more that a year for your lift, and that doesn’t seem like a problem???

if I knew how long I had to wait it would be easier to handle but with no idea after 3 months, I’m out and going elsewhere

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! That is disgusting that BDS won’t standby the UCA failures. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise that I’m switching to Fabtech‍♂️ Plus mine is a street princess anyway, my daily driver so I won’t be doing too much off-roading with it.

I was really turned off when the rep at BDS didn’t give a damn either, “Well we’ve had people waiting for more than a year” was his response. Waiting more that a year for your lift, and that doesn’t seem like a problem???

if I knew how long I had to wait it would be easier to handle but with no idea after 3 months, I’m out and going elsewhere

Yeah I was pretty shocked when I read that about BDS, and was glad I went with Fabtech. BDS has had a great reputation, but sounds like they are trying to change that with ******** like this!

Good luck getting the Fabtech lift, and post pics when it's done!!