Factory Order Placed April 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Desert Snow

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI eTorque
Per Ram Chat today, still receiving parts. I think that means still in D status.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You should get a VIN # soon, if you don't already have it

When they have all the parts needed, your Build Status will go to D1
D1 means that they assign a date & time for the Frame to be laid on the assembly line track & assembly starts immediately.
The assembly takes about 16 hours
I don't think anyone in here has stated if the assembly plant is running 1 or 2 eight hour shifts a day.

Once you have the VIN, there are ways to track the vehicles progress

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not trying to rain on the parade, but for awareness Ram is building and holding classic 1500s, awaiting chips and parts to eventually finish them. I do not know if that has impacted orders or non-classic. Hope it does not impact OP's.

OP
OP
Desert Snow

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI eTorque
You should get a VIN # soon, if you don't already have it

When they have all the parts needed, your Build Status will go to D1
D1 means that they assign a date & time for the Frame to be laid on the assembly line track & assembly starts immediately.
The assembly takes about 16 hours
I don't think anyone in here has stated if the assembly plant is running 1 or 2 eight hour shifts a day.

Once you have the VIN, there are ways to track the vehicles progress
I have the VIN and tried to track it here, but it says no information available. I assume it won’t provide info until the truck is built. True?

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
By now, i would have to think that those Rams that are built but don't the Microprocessors in them yet, have or are about to have every nook & cranny of storage lots filled, hopefully the microprocessors are trickling in & are being installed.
It will take a long time to catch up with day to day vehicle production

Chris Mays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 8cyl
Per Ram Chat today, still receiving parts. I think that means still in D status.
I’m in the same boat. I ordered my 2021 Ram Crew Cab Limited 4x4 on 4-15-21. I have my order number and Vin and as of my chat with Ram this morning the status is “acquiring parts”. Still have my 2019 1500 Ram crew cab 4x4 limited to drive around but excited to get my new truck

OP
OP
Desert Snow

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI eTorque
Ordered 24 days ago. Per dealer today still in D status.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered 24 days ago. Per dealer today still in D status.

Ordered 3/6 and my dealer told me today I went into D1, I hope that's true and hope yours gets there faster than mine did.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There is another website where you can see your Rams progress & it is not a Mopar site.

I thought that i had bookmarked it, but i have not located it yet

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I passed by the Mopar Custom Shop that does all the extras on the Gen5 DT trucks yesterday, they are definitely running slower production than what I usually see. Normally there are trucks stacked up like cord wood waiting to get into the custom shop, that wasn't the case this time.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When things were running normally, like a few years ago.

My paperwork to order a factory built Ram, went in on November 16, a month later i was told that my Ram was in status D1

They laid the frame on December 16 & on December 18th it was loaded on a Freight Car,

(I know that at some point, the truck had to get floor mats put in it, but possibly the dealership did that, instead of GFX.Ltd)

That evening the factory closed for the holidays

My Ram was on the train to California,
A semi truck dropped it off at the dealership on January 16 at 6AM

So in my case, my Ram was just paperwork for 4 weeks

OP
OP
Desert Snow

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI eTorque
Five weeks since my order, and per Ram Chat today I'm still in D. I've seen other people with higher VIN #s than me in D1 with tentative shipping dates. Frustrating. My delay is probably related to being a Limited with Level 1 and Tech Group (i.e., CHIPS) as I'm seeing the Big Horn and lower spec'd Laramie's passing me by. Will continue to post status updates.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
So far you are only one week behind the Normal schedule.

4 weeks of paperwork is normal
Then the scheduling, assembly & outfitting at the Body Vendor takes a week to 10 work days
Then 3 weeks for delivery

Desert Fox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ordered my Power Wagon on 4/22, received VIN today and told it's in D1 Status. Equipment listing doesn't return any information on the VIN yet. Hope you get an update soon, I know I have awhile to wait but it's hard not to be anxious.

OP
OP
Desert Snow

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI eTorque
Moved to D1 today per dealer. Build/ship date 5/21. Hoping I take delivery mid-June. I was concerned with the chip shortage I may get pushed to a 2022 order cycle, so achieving D1 dials back the anxiety level!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The less electronic gadgets that you have on your factory order, the more likely you are apt to get it sooner rather than later.

Ram is not installing the rear view mirror that is part of the surround view at this time

The regular rear view mirrors are still being installed

OP
OP
Desert Snow

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI eTorque
The less electronic gadgets that you have on your factory order, the more likely you are apt to get it sooner rather than later.

Ram is not installing the rear view mirror that is part of the surround view at this time

The regular rear view mirrors are still being installed
You saying they are putting regular mirrors in and will swap them out later, or not building trucks with the digital mirrors?