Faint squealing noise coming from rear of 2019 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikieLikesIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2019 Big Horn makes a squealing and groaning noise when I turn at low speeds, like in a parking lot or going around corners. It sounds like it's coming from the rear end, but can't be sure. It happens when I turn in either direction. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP
OP
MikieLikesIt

MikieLikesIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I took the noisy differential to the dealer. It took four weeks and a day for them to fix it. Got the work order and it only took 2.7 hours. They replaced some of the gears in the rear end. So now I have a faint gear whine from ~40 - 55 mph (can't hear it past 55 because of tire and wind noise, so I don't know if it continues). Only whines when under power or cruising - it stops when I let off the gas. I know I need to take it back, but I can't afford to have it at the dealership for another month.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a similar issue on my 2007 Ram 1500 and only between a certain speed range which happened to be where I drove it the most. They adjusted the backlash(?) and could not get the noise to go away. They ended up replacing the entire backend with a new one and it was quiet from that day on. At the time my truck only had about 3,000 miles. Good luck.

Red