False Low Wiper Fluid Light When Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone experiencing the low wiper fluid light falsely coming on when it is very cold out? Mine has done it twice now but I just filled the reservoir up with Rain-X Deicer good to -20F. I know it is full and it works just fine but the light stays on until a key cycle. Should I be concerned or just chalk it up to cold ass weather issues?

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I haven't noticed mine come on yet since I've been in Alabama. It's been down to 17 degrees Fahrenheit since I've been here. How cold are we taking about when you get this low fluid warning?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!

Jdmtz2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 2011 has been doing that and I noticed the washer fluid was frozen! Mine doesn't work till the weather warms up and then it'll spray the washer fluid.

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't noticed mine come on yet since I've been in Alabama. It's been down to 17 degrees Fahrenheit since I've been here. How cold are we taking about when you get this low fluid warning?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!
Mine only comes on when it get below 0 deg F.

My 2011 has been doing that and I noticed the washer fluid was frozen! Mine doesn't work till the weather warms up and then it'll spray the washer fluid.
Washer fluid shouldn't freeze unless it is summer fluid/bug wash or diluted with water. I'd add some -20 deg fluid to make sure it doesn't freeze up on you.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its a truck still under warrantee I'd make the complaint and have them change the sensor. Hasn't done it on my 14 yet.

Jdmtz2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Added the -27 degree prestone last night and no light on this morning!!