Fender flare, edge trim question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
fender flare.jpg

I just bought these flares, but they didn't come with any rubber edge trim. I noticed Bushwacker has two types of edge trim, "U-Channel" and "wiper style". Any idea which one I'll need?

Thanks

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you just need 3M clear protectant tape under them

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
View attachment 233179

I just bought these flares, but they didn't come with any rubber edge trim. I noticed Bushwacker has two types of edge trim, "U-Channel" and "wiper style". Any idea which one I'll need?

Thanks

I do not believe they use rubber because they are taped onto the fenders where bushwackers are bolted on using wheel liner holes.

OP
OP
RJL1

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I should have been more thorough in my question. My apologies. These aren't Bushwacker flares, just a cheap pair I bought off of American trucks that I'm gonna get painted to match the truck. I opened them up yesterday and noticed there was no rubber trim on them. I put fender flares on a 98 1500 I had without the trim and it scratched the paint up pretty good so I thought I'd buy the rubber trim as well as some clear tape to protect the fenders. I noticed Bushwacher has two different styles, just want to know which I should use. U channel or wiper style.

Sorry for the confusion

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I should have been more thorough in my question. My apologies. These aren't Bushwacker flares, just a cheap pair I bought off of American trucks that I'm gonna get painted to match the truck. I opened them up yesterday and noticed there was no rubber trim on them. I put fender flares on a 98 1500 I had without the trim and it scratched the paint up pretty good so I thought I'd buy the rubber trim as well as some clear tape to protect the fenders. I noticed Bushwacher has two different styles, just want to know which I should use. U channel or wiper style.

Sorry for the confusion

brand is not important how do they attach?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
They use existing bolt holes as well as some supplied hardware. I want to test fit them before I cough up the money to get them painted.
Unfortunately I only have experience with the pocket style flares. I thought the ones you have pictured above just uses double sided tape

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
Being OE style they should tape to the fender. Using just the hardware on the lip they probably will not stay attached very well.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
They look like my oem flares. Use the existing wheel well bolts and then the top edge uses 3m double sided tape.
They use no rubber trim

Just because bushwacker uses rubber doesn't mean they all do.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517