Fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I messed up big time when I took my rear shock out to measure for replacement. I didn't put the wheel well back in since i wqs going to be replacing them soo. and just threw the fender flare back on. The fender flares need the clips that were on the wheel well to retain the screws. I was hearing some intermittent noise thay sounded like hitting the highway grooves, turns out it was the front bottom end of my fender flare grounding down against the tire. There's some heavy damage to my paint. No, thats not dirt in the picture... I feel like someone just kicked my dog.

Truck came with the flares on already and I assume they're Bushwacker. Anybody know anyway to confirm? I see a bunch of different brands like redrock, ruff riderz, barricade, etc. It would be nice to save some money and just buy rear replacements, but exact fitment is most important as the rubber trim has definitely grooved the paint.

Anybody have any polisher recommendations as well? Was thinking about going with Adam's.

20230204_101030.jpg

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see there is a bushwacker emblem on the front interior of the fender flares

thomasspink

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
You can see if they will replace them. They replaced 2 of mine and the process was pretty easy But not sure how that would work if you dont have a receipt or order number for them....

I called them in from my Bushwacker DRT fender flares that the rear bottom (2) screws on both the fronts of my flares broke (as in there was about a 2-3 inch circle piece missing instead of the small screw hole) So they where not tight against the truck and you could hear them knocking around while driving.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can see if they will replace them. They replaced 2 of mine and the process was pretty easy But not sure how that would work if you dont have a receipt or order number for them....

I called them in from my Bushwacker DRT fender flares that the rear bottom (2) screws on both the fronts of my flares broke (as in there was about a 2-3 inch circle piece missing instead of the small screw hole) So they where not tight against the truck and you could hear them knocking around while driving.
No dice. Won't sell the color matched outside a full set either. $875 for 4 new ones. I'll ceramic coat them before they go back on. I also bought brand new wheels well liners that are going to get ceramic coating too.

Maybe I'll throw my old flares on here and see if anyone needs a mix and match as well.

I have the polisher on order. Hoping I can get the paint fixed good enough. Are these quarter panels replaceable or does the entire bed need to be replaced? I need to find a good paint place in STL and get a quote for just repainting the quarter panel.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got a refund on the flares. Apparently they're discontinued... wtf

thomasspink

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
well a refund is better than nothing right
Im not sure on the panels; would like to know as well; i have a nice crease under the rear light from a trailer hitting the side

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to order the printable flares and am having a shop paint them for $350. Several quotes of Crack smokers for over $1k. Apparently Bushwacker says they are discontinuing the color match for that color as they can't get the paint.