Few issues im noticing with my lift....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BahRamYou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last week i had my 2016 lifted

7in Maxtrac
Fox 2.0 all around
37x13.5x17

So when im driving i can feel a slight wobble the steering wheel doesnt move but i can feel it thru the sterring wheel and my pedels. Not horrible but its there. Also and this was like this before the lift but if i hit a real rough patch of road or a pothole it seems loose then catches and goes back to how it was. Any advice on the issues? the truck has 96K on it, maybe other pars are wearing and causing this?

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Last week i had my 2016 lifted

7in Maxtrac
Fox 2.0 all around
37x13.5x17

So when im driving i can feel a slight wobble the steering wheel doesnt move but i can feel it thru the sterring wheel and my pedels. Not horrible but its there. Also and this was like this before the lift but if i hit a real rough patch of road or a pothole it seems loose then catches and goes back to how it was. Any advice on the issues? the truck has 96K on it, maybe other pars are wearing and causing this?

Post some pics of your Ram with the lift :waytogo:

From what you wrote, sounds like the issue was there prior to the lift, and has just been magnified which isn’t a surprise.

Was an alignment done? Does it veer left or right when you apply the brakes, or stay straight? How are the bearings, tie rods etc?

I ask because when my lift was done these were all things that I had replaced seeing as it was all apart anyways, it was just the additional cost of parts. I’m big on ‘Preventative Maintenve’. Replace it before it has to be :waytogo:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being 37s are harder to balance well plus that big will multiply the feeling of the issue. Good chance something was already amiss but not very noticeable. Need to get the truck up on a lift and check everything over. Wheels should get checked too. Rear control arms and track bar.

OP
OP
BahRamYou

BahRamYou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I’m thinking they were there before also. I know one was. He did say my lower control arms were showing some signs. Not failed or anything but possibly think about replacing them. I’m planning on doing that next week and see if I notice any changes. Anything else I should replace while it’s apart?

Attachments

• 99A17FB0-DACB-4CF0-B96E-58D5511B6D39.jpeg
    99A17FB0-DACB-4CF0-B96E-58D5511B6D39.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 434D5B8B-B510-4472-B715-EC1A1D477888.jpeg
    434D5B8B-B510-4472-B715-EC1A1D477888.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 15

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Yea I’m thinking they were there before also. I know one was. He did say my lower control arms were showing some signs. Not failed or anything but possibly think about replacing them. I’m planning on doing that next week and see if I notice any changes. Anything else I should replace while it’s apart?
Ram looks great :waytogo:

Odds are if you feel it in the steering wheel…… it’s from the front end.

If you feel it in the seat….. it’s from the rear.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What rear sway bar are you running? Stock or aftermarket?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Being that you have 96k miles on that truck, I would switch the lower control arms, UCAs and maybe think about adding some core 4x4 rear upper and lower control arms as well ..

Being that you now have 37s on the truck, you have to keep in mind that you will get a lot of bump steer which happens with washboard roads , it happens on mine ..

Did you get the carrier bearing spacer kit installed?

OP
OP
BahRamYou

BahRamYou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it was aligned. I have the stock sway bar. I was thinking with the miles some stuff need to be replaced, when it comes to parts like UCA, LCA, sway bar links, ect should i replace with factory or aftermarket?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it was aligned. I have the stock sway bar. I was thinking with the miles some stuff need to be replaced, when it comes to parts like UCA, LCA, sway bar links, ect should i replace with factory or aftermarket?
I would do a mix of both. Core 4x4 is a well liked company I have their rear sway bar links but run Clayton rear control arms and sway bar for a jeep gladiator on my truck. I think mevotech has a “upgraded” front lower control arm for the 4wd but not sure for 2wd. See if @Nick@GotExhaust can hook you up with some parts for the rear if you want core4x4. And maybe look into the hellwig sway bars

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We can certainly help with getting you squared away with parts. A combo of some worn parts, new lift, and big tires will definetly magnify some smaller issues. I would upgrade to aftermarket parts where you can if budget allows. Hellwig sway bar, Core 4x4 rear control arms, maxtrac UCA's are all a good start. Message me if you would like some options and a quote

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

Personally….. upgrade as you go. Next on my list, Core 4x4 etc. You've pulled the trigger to lift your Ram, just keep in mind what your ultimate vision is for it, and purpose.

For example, King shocks are amazing, but if your never going to do serious off-roading….. as Is the case for me, then I couldn’t justify the extra cost and love the Fox set up I have. I think you get the idea :waytogo: