Finally found the squeak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a squeak in the front driver’s side suspension and could not locate it until the other day… The left bolt where the UCA is mounted was not tight enough, and it seems the bushing was turning the bolt, causing the squeak…

Just thought I would pass this along to give others something to check if they are having the same issue.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nothing feels better then finding the cure to the squeak, lol. I wonder the % of squeaks that never get solved, I would bet more then 50/50.

bk66440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a squeak in the front driver’s side suspension and could not locate it until the other day… The left bolt where the UCA is mounted was not tight enough, and it seems the bushing was turning the bolt, causing the squeak…

Just thought I would pass this along to give others something to check if they are having the same issue

bk66440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took have a squeak. I thought it was my step bar but it's not. What's the UCA, can u take a picture?

bk66440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, is it something breathable or does it have to be replaced?

Daniel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Thanks, is it something breathable or does it have to be replaced?
Repairable? The factory UCA's can have their bushings replaced. Probably easier just to swap the whole UCA. I've heard they are not easy to repair

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
I agree, lot of people typing in "code". But all the letters in. that same sentence could be written as - IALOPTIC!!!!!

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
OF course, it is the only thing those letters could stand for! Maybe I'm just to old? I just think writing anything in "code" doesn't save any time, for those that cannot spell (me a lot of the time) I have a dictionary close by, or I bring up another window-spell it as best I can, and the computer can correct it for me. the ladies and gentlemen that ask question need help, that's why they ask. I know that most of the time I am always right (correct), just ask me and I can verify that.
GTTNT (going to the next thread).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357