Finally got my new tires (in time for cold weather)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
So far nice on dry pavement, I can’t wait for rain and snow to test
Them out

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Falken Wildpeak 275/60r20... Loving the look, way better then road tires that were on there
What I run even in TX. (Falkens 275/65 R 18// 116T)(C load, not E) (M & S rated with symbol) (bought for the mud and rain, snow not so much, lmao)

FYI: 80 mph on IH 35, no humming, cupping, or excessive sound. Only downfall they R heavier than stock and I lost 1 to 1 1/2 mpg, but to be expected with a much more heavier tire than stock SRA's.

New tire on truck.jpgNew tires left side truck.jpg

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just put a set of these on my 1500 maybe 2 months ago. So I agree about the handling and road manners in good weather.
The only bad weather we've had so far is light or heavy rain and the traction has been incredible, even when the rain is just beginning and roads are typically the most slick.

Like you I'm also looking to winter to see how they handle it but I expect they will do well.

I'm also looking toward a couple years from now to see how they perform when no longer new. I really like them from the start so I have high hopes.

OP
OP
Jpage978

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been running an mpg test in eco mode just to see if it helps, will be Interested to see if tires effect mpg, my truck road noise is different with the tires, but nothing that's annoying, we've been lucky last couple winters, I hate to say, but I'm also looking forward to 1st snowfall

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They look like good tires. You should get good wear out of them. Let us know come spring how they perform in the snow. Generally tires with larger tread blocks (and fewer sipes) are better on dry pavement. Around here they do a pretty good job of plowing the winter roads (And salting them too!! LOL).

Like anything ya gotta use good judgement and drive sensible no matter what tires ya have.

Cheers! :waytogo:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put a set of these on my 1500 maybe 2 months ago. So I agree about the handling and road manners in good weather.
The only bad weather we've had so far is light or heavy rain and the traction has been incredible, even when the rain is just beginning and roads are typically the most slick.

Like you I'm also looking to winter to see how they handle it but I expect they will do well.

I'm also looking toward a couple years from now to see how they perform when no longer new. I really like them from the start so I have high hopes.
Winter not an issue, get our annual 1" more or less, usually less. The issue here is torrential rain/wet roads, and the occasional Hurricane or Tornado.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look like good tires. You should get good wear out of them. Let us know come spring how they perform in the snow. Generally tires with larger tread blocks (and fewer sipes) are better on dry pavement. Around here they do a pretty good job of plowing the winter roads (And salting them too!! LOL).

Like anything ya gotta use good judgement and drive sensible no matter what tires ya have.

Cheers! :waytogo:
NAH, put on tires, put in 4WD, U can go as far and fast as U wanna go, read it on the internet, roflmao.

OP
OP
Jpage978

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
These do have sipes in the treadblocks, but don't know if have as many as road tires I was running...will post how they do this winter

Last edited:

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
I will be posting in the winter to let y’all know how they perform. I had them in some rain the other day was impressed compared to nittos…also from a dig to 75 it ate up a Audi a3 and handled well lmao dam fart can cars

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool... you guys get a lot of snow up there!